Last Tuesday, I had to go in first thing in the morning to get a dental crown done. It was horrible. I'd been putting it off, but the tooth was starting to crack. My insurance wouldn't pay for it yet (12 month waiting period) so I had to pay $958 out of pocket. Happy Holidays to you, Dr. Morris!! Hope you have fun spending my Christmas money!! Humph.
Anyway, after I finally got the feeling back in my face, Madelyn and I spent most of Wednesday cooking and baking:
(actually, these were made with frozen Rhodes roll dough that I baked. Yummy, though!)
Madelyn helping me make my Four Berry Pie. We also made pumpkin pie, roasted garlic butter, and taco soup for dinner that night.
Thursday, we ate with my side of the family, and all of my siblings, nieces and nephews were there. The food was delish.
We celebrated Emery and Shay's birthdays while we were at it. :D
Then we headed to the back yard by the pool to take family pictures. Madelyn was being super cooperative, as you can see:
This was our best shot! It's a good thing we just got a bunch of cute family pics of us last month...
![]() |
| This slideshow design customized with Smilebox |
Luke had fun running over to the edge of the pool about 50 different times during the photo shoot. It sure kept us hoppin'.
Once we got there, Pop Yoder had to arrange the obligatory Hearts game(s) while the kids played outside.
Cousin Autumn Yoder was there from Las Vegas. She and Madelyn are about a month apart in age. They LOVE playing together.
The day ended with a trip to St. George. Luke, who had been sick with a cold for two weeks, wasn't doing very well at all, as it had settled into his lungs. Every year, he gets RSV/croup/bronchiolitis or whatever it is that makes him cough and wheeze like a 90-year old emphysema patient. Of course, nothing was open by the time I told Mark we really needed to get him some medicine (5:30pm on Thankgiving!) After some calling around, we finally found a Walgreens in St. George that was open, and so drove the 20 miles to get some oral steroids and then went another 50 miles back home. Luke got a lot better after we gave him the medicine.
I am thankful for my friends, my family, my home, and especially for a husband who can write prescriptions! Hope your Thanksgiving was a fun and healthy one!

1 comment:
i can totally relate to that croupy cough!! Almost every year for the past four years at least two of my kids start getting the same thing!!! No fun!!
Post a Comment