Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Black Friday...

Not that I didn't go to seventeen stores on Black Friday, but I just didn't go until 4:00pm when all the normal people emerged. Hey, I had a busy morning! I was up half the night coughing with Luke, who then wanted to get up at 6:30am (maybe he wanted to hit the sales?), and so consequently we both crashed in bed again till 11:00am.

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I haven't slept in like that in ages!

Anyhoo, then I had to spend a few hours paying bills, doing laundry and dishes and such. The kids were kind of bored. Madelyn decided to "do some exercise."

Mark has this chin-up bar (which the kids use more than he does) that Madelyn had me put up. Eventually she figured out how to shimmy up the door jambs to reach the bar. Mark's nickname as a kid was "Monkey". I think I can see where she gets this from...

Then she'd leap down and go run to my bed.

She decided to practice her jumping skills she's learned on "the tramp" at gymnastics. There's the tuck jump...

Pike

Straddle

CANNONBALL!!!

Let's just say those lessons are paying off!

Then Luke had to come in show her who's boss and take a swig of juice.

Later that night (she never got fully dressed all day), she tried really hard to make a card tower, but it kept falling down. Finally she just started scotch taping the cards together at the top. Looks like it worked! I love that silly goose.

1 comment:

Maria Nielson said...

Hey, Shay has that pull up bar! I actually used to be able to do pull ups... I think you need a couple more pairs of flip flops, hehe. Maddie looks like a good little gymnast!!