Anyhoo....I made some ruffly skirts for Madelyn and my nieces (ignore all the differences in lighting and color, please, it is really annoying):
Madelyn's
Hattie's
Emery's
Ava's
Aren't the ruffles so fabulous?! I used Dana's tutorial for Simple Skirts over at MADE and then added ruffles because the scraps of fabric I had weren't long enough. I did have pictures to show you how I did it, but.....they're somewhere floating around in the ether. >:/
Then I made some hair bows to go with the skirts, following the Simple Bow Hair Clips tutorial (but without the no-slip grip) over at Make It and Love It. They were very fast and easy--I made all of these in about an hour (with lots of interruptions) one crazy morning.
I sent this lightweight blanket to my cousin Chris in Texas, who just became a foster mom to a 3-month old baby boy.
I thought this was also cute for a girl or a boy, if she ends up with more foster babies in the future. For right now, we're just thrilled that her 10-11 year wait to become a parent is over!
And last but not least:
I made this ADORABLE car seat blanket for my friend Emalia (also an old ballet friend), who is about to have #3, her first boy. Cute, mod boyish fabric is impossible to find around here. I thought the blanket was severely lacking in cuteness until I decided to add an applique. (See my tutorial for applique here.)
I used this rocketship template from Crap I've Made, but then added my own windows and puffs of smoke. Here's the image if you want to copy it to your computer and use it.
Can't wait for my church assignments to be done so I can get back to sewing!


2 comments:
I bow to your crafty awesomeness.
& I LOVE my car seat cover! thanks again! :-)
Post a Comment