Tuesday, September 14, 2010

You do the math

9/14/10

So far today (it's 9:19 am):

1 wet bed
1 extra load of laundry to do today
10 minutes of sulking about getting dressed (by Madelyn, also by me)
1 threatened spanking
5 minutes spent trying to find something that starts with the letter "D" for show and tell
1 blue dolphin that I luckily remembered from the 20 minutes I spent cleaning 100 things off the floor in her bedroom last night
2 spoonfuls of sugar to get Madelyn to eat her (already sweet, strawberry) oatmeal
31 Kleenex yanked out of the box and piled onto the floor (thank you Luke)
1 pair of lost glasses (Madelyn's, of course)
137 cherry puffs that dumped onto the floor while frantically looking for said glasses
6 times I've tried not to lose my temper

Oh wait--make that 7........

1 trip to school
2 Tylenol, 1 Sudafed and 1 chill pill I need to take while I spend the next 3 hours cleaning the house and trying to find those *&%&^! GLASSES!

It's been a lovely morning!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hang in there! We all have those days, but it doesn't make them any more fun... make sure your day includes one 30 minute sanity break and one ice cream. I always feel better after that prescription is filled.

Jen said...

Lost glasses are the bane of my existence. May the spirits bring them to you soon.

Rachelle said...

Go to your happy place - with a nice, tall Mountain Dew. . .

Natalie said...

Hahaha! I'm sorry, but I just can't help but laugh...your life is hilariously sad! I really wish you would just let someone do a reality tv show...I'm so glad you atleast blog about it for the rest of us to enjoy!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

unfortunately it sounds like my life, only in a different part of the world. hang in there.