Sunday, September 12, 2010

Luke's first steps!!

9/12/10

It's always a little alarming when your quadruped baby suddenly becomes a biped. It just doesn't look right. Luke (11 1/2 months) has been able to stand on his own for a few seconds and has been cruising along the furniture for the past few weeks. But apparently being in the presence of his uncle Kevin (who was also there when Madelyn took her first steps) on Friday inspired him to try walking.

He's a long ways from being proficient (thank goodness), and isn't really that interested in doing more yet, but what a milestone! Madelyn was 13 1/2 months before she made the plunge.

I'd say I was worried about him getting into a whole new level of mischief once he starts walking, but it can't be much worse than it is now.

Mess of the Day
by Luke

At least Wheat Thins are a little more palatable than foam swords...

We keep Madelyn's pirate swords in her closet, but if he finds the door open, he and his teeth go right to town. Usually I just find the slimy foam pieces discarded on the floor, but once I found one in his diaper. Mmmm!

We've had a lazy day today. All four of us have colds, so I wish we didn't have that to deal with, but at least we got to stay home and be sick together. Aww! Isn't life wonderful.

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Thank you for keeping your colds at home instead of spreading the love with the ward - wish more people did that!

The Mursets said...

Sorry you are all sick, but at least you are all together!

How lucky that you had your camera with you in Hurricane to capture Luke's first steps!

Chris said...

I imagine Luke is 1 "regular" babe!

Lauren F. said...

yay for first steps. Ryan is still cruising on furniture and walking with help but I am crossing my fingers our visit to utah this week will inspire him!

The Yoder Family said...

Something about foam swords - that's how all of ours look too and Will is almost 3!

Rachel said...

Don't know if I've already told you this, but I just crack up at Luke's messes of the day . . . I always make Adam look at them because I'm laughing so hard. I seriously empathize with you, dear ;)