
9/19/10
Hahaaaa....oh Luke. He was not quite the happy camper we thought he would be for his early birthday party yesterday. He spent the first hour of it doing this:

Of course Mark had to work all morning and didn't get home until 30 minutes before the party started, and
of course I had been running around like crazy and had tried unsuccessfully to put Luke down for his nap two times. Then he zonked out as soon as we got in the car and slept for nearly an hour while everyone else was enjoying his party at the park.
When he did finally wake up it took another 15 minutes to get him in a cheerful enough mood to sit down and have some cake.

OK, so maybe "cheerful" is not the right word. He was positively sulking. I think he was disconcerted at having woken up in a strange place with 20 strange people all singing and looking at him. I'd probably be grumpy, too!
But, not one to pass up a perfectly good cupcake....

Hmmm!

Why yes! Chocolate
does make everything better!!

Yum!
Thank you to ALL the family who drove up for the party and gave Luke so many wonderful presents. He got busy playing as soon as we got home and can't believe how many things with wheels he has now. He loves wheels. :)

Now I have to decide if I'm going to make another cake this weekend for his actual birthday.
...(Says the doting mother who loves to spoil her children.)OK, I'm off to look up recipes for cake.
5 comments:
I can't believe he's one already! Happy Birthday to Luke!
It's my party and I'll sleep if I want to! Happy birthday Luke!
Happy Birthday Luke!
What a litte cutie! The park looks great for little kids. Looks like you had a fun time.
I LOVE those first few pictures. He looks so happy. ha ha.
Can't believe he is ONE.
I swear that is how both of my girls first birthday went. In fact they both totally refused their cupcakes... I can't believe he is going to be one... time has flown way too fast (I still remeber the day he was born was the day I started having morning sickness with Jace...)
Post a Comment