Thursday, September 23, 2010

Some more wish list items

9/23/10

I have a half dozen huge blog posts I want to do, but can't seem to find the time. So here's a few random tidbits for now.


Madelyn's kindergarten picture got here today! It looks so official. I thought it turned out cute, even though she kept her jacket on ("But it was cold in the classroom!"). She wishes that the gap where her bottom tooth fell out showed.

I am getting itchy to buy her birthday/Christmas presents (same thing--they're four days apart). I about died when I saw that a new Olivia book is coming out next week:

If you don't have this series of books, you simply must get them. This one's already in my cart to buy online. Once I get money, that is. Darn money.

Also, yesterday I went to Walmart to buy dishwasher detergent while Madelyn was at ballet but I forgot my purse (I've been on a real winning streak lately....) so Luke and I just looked at toys instead. He let out a big shriek in the Star Wars aisle (he must have recognized his namesake) and I had a major drooling moment when I saw this:


I can't believe it! There's no longer just TOTALLY LAME Clone War droid action figures--they have ones from The Empire Strikes Back! They have a few different versions of Luke (drool), Han Solo (drool), Chewie, C-3PO, Darth Vader, etc. (not to mention the young Obi-Wan--drool--) They are around $7.50, but from what I can tell, they are going for more than that online. I need to snap up a set before the Christmas hordes descend and take all the good ones.

It's been a while since this feature, but trust me--he's been busy:

Mess of the Day
by Luke

I'm really looking forward to when he is able to chew his food instead of just depositing it in his lap. That's going to be a good day. Not having undigested raisins/corn/diced peaches ending up in his diaper from swallowing them whole will be nice, too.

Oh! And I finally finished a book! I've been trying all summer to read but it's been next to impossible to get through a whole novel. So I'm patting myself on the back for having just read the excellent Persuasion by Jane Austen in a week and a half. Trust me--it's an accomplishment. (Extra points because I only ignored the housework and kids in favor of reading somewhat less than usual.) I've been trying to read Sense and Sensibility, too. I think there's something about this time of year that makes me want to shop and/or immerse myself in Jane Austen. Does this happen to any of you?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Emmy and I love the Olivia books! They are so fun :)

Carolina mama said...

Maddie's official photo is adorable.

Project Maniac said...

Hattie likes Oliva too. I will have to look into getting that book. I go through Jane Austin waves myself. I am actually going through one right now, so maybe it does have to do with this time of year.

Natalie said...

Hahaha! LOVE the label "geeking out"! We freaked out when we saw the Star Wars figurines at our Walmart, too!!! I wish they weren't $8 each, though, blah! I love Maddie's picture, I can't believe how much she looks like your husband with her glasses on! Man, you guys make some cute kiddos!