Sunday, April 10, 2011

Calgon, take me away.......

This week has been NUTS. My Activity Days girls came on Tuesday and made a Category 5 disaster in my house with tole paint:


My friend Jenny had her baby (yay!) and so I made dinner for her whole family and mine. Then she ended up back in the hospital with mastitis and a systemic bacterial infection (yikes).

We took Madelyn to a free trial class at the local gymnastics studio. She loved it, but we have to get health insurance before she can sign up for the fall. We can't afford anything decent. Still trying to decide what to do.

Mark has been on call this week, and his phone has been ringing off the hook day and night. There was a baby boom at the hospital and he's been super busy, and I've had to take Madelyn to school each morning because he's been there rounding.

It snowed almost all week. My car doors were frozen shut Friday morning.

Mark had a dentist appointment on Thursday, which ended up costing $$$, and he needs to go back for more work in a couple of weeks. Bye, bye, grocery money!

We found out on Monday that Madelyn had a dance performance on Saturday, so we squeezed that in. We got there and found out her class was #19 out of 21 in the lineup. Uuughh.

Right afterward, we raced to Hurricane for a Chinese lunch /b-day celebration (which was very delicious--thanks Lori) with my family and then had to race back to Cedar to drop off food for the ward party (none of us felt like going).

 Happy b-day (next week) Meg! Madelyn decided to make her a crown. She's going to be Sweet 16!

I got a phone call informing me that I need to bring refreshments to next week's Enrichment night, even though I'm not even going to be there because Madelyn has ballet pictures. Then I got some texts saying I needed to substitute in Primary today. (&^$@#!)

Madelyn had a cold earlier this week, which she gave to Luke. It's turned into RSV and an ear infection for him, and he's been struggling to breathe even after using his inhaler and taking a steamy shower today. Mark just called in some steroids and antibiotics for him, so hopefully he'll feel better soon.........

This week, because of all the partying/bringing meals to people, I made my Slow cooker BBQ ribs, Chocolate chip cupcakes, Red potato salad with dill (I'll post that recipe soon),  Restaurant style avocado salsa, and Dad's Egg Rolls. Which is why my kitchen looks like this:


Oh, and thanks to my kids, I get to go wash out five different bodily fluids/excretions out of a bunch of clothes. And chow mein and watermelon.

And I haven't been able to find Madelyn's glasses for two days now.

Soooo....

If you need me, I'll be here in my jammies. Until it's time to go wrangle a group of eight 10-year-old boys at church, that is. This is going to be a chocolate+Mtn. Dew+Advil sort of day! (Again.)

4 comments:

The Mursets said...

So did Luke get worse after you left last night?!? I can't believe you have to go teach that class! They should just combine it with another one-you need a BREAK!

The Vakautakakala's said...

WOW!!!! that's all I have to say about this post!! I guess my life of pining over my own house is very mild in comparison!! (and aren't finances supposed to get easier after you've gotten a REAL job?)

Liz said...

If I lived closer I would bring you some chocolate. Make that a lot of chocolate. I'm sorry Luke is so sick, I hope he gets feeling better.
Also, You are so nice, I almost never sign up to bring food to anything in the ward. Most of the time I forget to go, so I guess it works, or I need to try harder...

Katie said...

Wow! Lots going on. Glad you were able to have some fun with your family in there :)