Double Chocolate Berry Muffins
Are you following closely?
+
There you go. I used about 3/4 cup of the pie filling and prepared the muffins as usual.
I have my PBS watching habit to thank for this mousse--it's from the Katie Brown Workshop. All I did extra was buy pre-baked tart shells (in the baking aisle) from Smith's and added sliced, toasted almonds.
Dark chocolate mousse with almonds
mousse recipe by Katie Brown
4 oz. semi-sweet baker's chocolate
8 oz. Cool Whip
Break chocolate bar into pieces and place in large microwaveable mixing bowl. Melt in microwave for 2 minutes--stirring every 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir chocolate until smooth.
*LET COOL* (High heat deflates Cool Whip)
Once chocolate cools, add one cup Cool Whip to the chocolate, stirring quickly. Continue folding in the rest of the Cool Whip until there are no visible streaks. Spoon into quart sized Ziploc bag and refrigerate until ready for use.
Cut the tip off corner of Ziploc bag and pipe some into 16 prepared tart shells, topping with sliced, toasted almonds.
I made up this next recipe the morning of the shower. I've had something similar in a pie before, but this was a totally new experiment. It was DELISH!!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Tarts
by Melissa Yoder
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
8 oz. Cool Whip
8 oz. softened cream cheese
3/4 cup seedless jam (I used a combo of cherry, raspberry and strawberry)
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1-2 cups sliced strawberries
Line 24 muffin cups with aluminum muffin liners. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Spoon equal amounts into muffin liners and press into the bottoms.
In medium bowl, beat softened cream cheese, jam and sweetened condensed milk until fluffy and well combined--tiny lumps may remain. Fold in Cool Whip. Spoon equal amounts on top of graham cracker crusts--top with sliced strawberries. Chill in freezer until ready to eat (texture will remain soft).
I found this punch recipe online here, but I had to alter it a little because it calls for frozen strawberries in syrup, which I couldn't find. My version below.
image found here
Strawberry Raspberry Lemonade Punch
1 can frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate
16 oz. frozen strawberries, thawed and pureed
1 liter 7Up
1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar, to taste
Prepare raspberry lemonade according to directions. Strain pureed strawberries through fine sieve to remove seeds, if desired. Stir into lemonade. Add 7Up and 1/4 cup sugar. Taste and add more sugar if required. Serves 15-20.
So....there you have it. I can't wait to make those strawberry tarts again. My problem is that every time I even think about those aluminum muffin liners, I get a metallic taste in my mouth that lasts ALL day. Regular paper liners would probably be fine (just more potential for ugly, soggy messes) or you could halve the recipe and spoon it all into a graham cracker pie crust. You can thank me later for that idea! ;) MMMMM!
Goin' to bed now...



6 comments:
HOLY COW, WOMAN! First of all, we are so related because we are both up so late blogging, and SECOND, these are like, ALL of my most favorite things all in one blog. Chocolate, berries, raspberry lemonade, cheesecake-ish flavor...*DROOOOL* Now...go to bed! Both of you! Er...us. :)
Mmmmmmm. The strawberry cream cheese tarts were my favorite! SO good. I ate all the leftovers (save the one I let Cam try) myself. Awwww, thinking of those makes me happy. Yum.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE OUR PERSONAL CHEF? OK THANKS :D Sheesh, pardon me while I wipe the drool off my face! I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit intimidated by tart thingies. I'm sure they're super easy to make, but...You know...Not a very good cook/baker over here, no matter how many times I watch Cake Boss, or Buddy's cooking show.
Looks so yummy! What if you did the strawberry tarts in the little plastic cups they use for nursery? When we do cherries in the snow I use ramekins or juice glasses. They are the perfect size but you'd have to have a lot for a shower. I'm feeling kinda of hungry...
Wow! That punch sounds awesome (and so does everything else- I am just super thirsty right now thanks to my popcorn)...I got mini cupcake liners at Michael's for candies and such, anyway they are metallic on the outside but papery on the inside, those might work(?)
I have never seen those little pre-baked tart shells but I have loads of things I would like to use them for...they are so on my shopping list!
Major yummage.
Post a Comment