*I'm having issues with font sizes and stuff, so sorry in advance
Time for some recipes! I made eight dishes for the baby shower, but only seven made it to the table. I made my Miniature Lemon Cheesecake Tarts but forgot to use paper muffin liners, so the crust (which I overcooked anyway) got cemented into the pan. Oops. Not to worry, though--I scooped everything out and put it in a container and whittled away at the gooey pile with a fork. It was delicious.
I stole this sandwich idea from my sister-in-law Lori, but she probably used different fixings. You can use whatever you want, too, but I was happy with the way this one turned out.
Party Hearty Sandwich
by Melissa Yoder
1 loaf fresh French bread
mayonnaise
mustard
salt & pepper
sliced tomatoes
sliced avocados
leaf lettuce
sliced cucumber
sliced sharp white cheddar cheese
sliced Havarti cheese
thinly sliced deli meats: I used turkey breast, smoked ham and cracked black pepper beef
Slice French bread loaf in half lengthwise. To prevent sogginess, begin layering with the cheese. Spread mayo and mustard on top of cheese, then layer deli meat, alternating the different kinds. Add sliced cucumber, then tomato, seasoning liberally with salt and pepper. Top with sliced avocado and a layer of leaf lettuce. Squash top half onto bottom half and slice into 8 pieces with sharp bread knife.
Snarf.
Try eating these by putting the narrow part into your mouth first. You know you've made a good sandwich if it's really messy!
This next recipe is something that I called my mom for--she makes it a lot and sometimes adds different fruit or nuts, etc. It reminds me of the Jello salad I make, but easier.
by Carolyn Murset
8 oz. tub Cool Whip
3.4 oz. box instant coconut cream pudding
1 cup cottage cheese
8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
11 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
Combine cottage cheese, crushed pineapple and mandarin oranges in medium bowl. Stir in coconut cream pudding powder. Fold in Cool Whip. Serves 8-10. Store in refrigerator.
This pasta salad recipe is my favorite. The original came from the back of a bag of Skinner veggie twirl pasta. I changed it a little to omit the bell peppers (blech), added feta cheese and basil and used regular ol' Italian dressing instead of making the vinaigrette.
*Note: The original recipe calls for a 12 oz. bag of dry pasta, but when I made it this time I grabbed a 16 oz. bag without noticing and used the whole thing. It was OK but the flavors weren't as strong. It needed a little more of everything.
Zesty Gazpacho Style Pasta Salad
by Melissa Yoder
2/3 cup prepared Italian dressing (more if needed)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
6 oz. quartered fresh mushrooms
1 small cucumber, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup sliced green onion
12 oz. package garden style multicolor twirl pasta
6 oz. plain crumbled feta cheese
fresh basil
salt & pepper to taste
salt & pepper to taste
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and let cool (rinsing the pasta leeches out the water soluble vitamins).
The best part about that pasta salad is that it tastes even better the next day. Summer BBQ season needs to hurry up!!!!
Desserts coming soon...
8 comments:
Yum! I wish I was there eating all of that right now...Oh My!
stomach growling!
PS What store did you buy the french bread at? I know some stores just don't make it very good...it looks really yummy!
I got the French bread at Lin's. They have the best bakery in town--I like Smith's too.
Mmmm. Now I am ready for dinner.
Ooooooo! That pasta salad is my favorite as well! Although I've never tried using the mushrooms or feta cheese. Definitely will have to put those in next time I make it.
You always make such DELICIOUS looking (and tasting, I'm sure) dishes. Love it!
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for reminding me about that sandwich. I completely forgot about it. It is so so good. I am going to have it for dinner one night this week.
We now need another snarf post with you lemon cream cheese tarts Mark brought us yesterday. Mmmmmm.
Post a Comment