10/17/10
My sister Maria (whom we've already established has all the looks in the family) is preggers with her first baby girl! Here's some maternity pictures her best friend Sammi of Feels Like Home Photography took of her last week:
Sorry, Sammi, I probably should have asked before swiping these pictures off your blog...



Click HERE to see the rest of the picturesThey're going to produce the cutest little muffin, she and Shay. Only about six more weeks till we meet her! I'm so excited!!!
Yesterday we had her baby shower at the clubhouse in her townhome complex, which was convenient and free. Except I stood there for 10 minutes trying to unlock the dumb door (you have to "jiggle it" as you're turning the key) and of course I was running late anyway so this was not a happy turn of events. But then Maria eventually showed up and unlocked the door in about 5 seconds.
Pff.
How do you like my hydrangea wreath, though? No, I didn't make it. I got it at Robert's about five years ago.
I forgot the vase that I was going to put these flowers in at home. And my wreath hanger. I was having a super good morning. Somehow it all came together, though.
Notes for the baby and such
I did make that cupcake wrapper wreath
Yesterday we had her baby shower at the clubhouse in her townhome complex, which was convenient and free. Except I stood there for 10 minutes trying to unlock the dumb door (you have to "jiggle it" as you're turning the key) and of course I was running late anyway so this was not a happy turn of events. But then Maria eventually showed up and unlocked the door in about 5 seconds.
How do you like my hydrangea wreath, though? No, I didn't make it. I got it at Robert's about five years ago.
...and these napkin flowers and tablecloths (one of these days I'm going to post my crafty tutorials)
Thankfully I did NOT have to make the food or drinks. (I delegated for once in my life.) Thank you Monica, Dawna, Lori and cute gal who made the cupcakes and I can't remember your name!!
Look how CUTE! And they were yummy, too. Lemon with cream cheese frosting!



6 comments:
So cute, looks like a fun time! Congrats! And yeah, you need to do crafty tutorials ;)
I'd love a post on the craftyness of you! Although I think you may have reached your daily word limit on the word cute. ;)
So fun! So excited for Shay and Maria!!
The limit for the word "cute" when baby showers are involved is 1,000 times.
Everything looks soo cute! I LOVE the clothes line idea!!! I will have to remember that for the next shower I throw
As for Madelyn's quote, I disagree. I LOVE Sundays. It is the only day we even get to remotely relax with Adam guilt free. I also love them more since being released from teaching primary, now I am not quite as stressed out. I hate Saturdays right now because Adam studies ALL DAY and I have to stay home like normal and I don't even have PBS kids to come to my rescue...
Thank-you for doing such a fabulous job with Maria's shower!
Post a Comment