Wednesday, October 13, 2010

12 hours of housework later.....

10/13/10

Seriously. I don't know what came over me yesterday, but I cleaned the whole frickin' house! (something I used to do weekly, but......) Monday I had spent approx. 6 hours just sitting on my rear in an unmotivated stupor (thanks, Mark for keeping me up all night with your hacking and nose blowing--sinus infection or not). Yesterday I woke up, then:

Took Madelyn to school, fixed Luke breakfast, washed dishes, gave Luke a bath, did 4 loads of laundry, cleaned both bathrooms, took out all the trashes, swept, mopped and vacuumed every floor in the house, changed the sheets, cleaned the bedrooms, de-cluttered, went through the mail, made tacos, took Madelyn to her school carnival, and by midnight it seemed like everyone's needs were finally met so I took a shower and climbed into bed.

Then, of course, Madelyn had scary dreams and was crying because the temporary tattoo she got on her cheek at the carnival wouldn't come off~which she had insisted on keeping on just a few hours before. (I am recording these priceless mothering memories for 20 years in the future when I am kid free and can finally get uninterrupted sleep.) I was up with her from 4-6:00 am. Then Luke woke up and was squirmy and congested and had trouble going back to sleep. Then Mark finally woke me up at 8:17 am because he had to go do rounds at the hospital and I only had 28 minutes to get Madelyn (who was still in bed) to school.

NOW can I PLEASE get to MY to-do list????

Here's what I've got lined up:

Sewing projects (must be completed by Saturday)

Almost done with this (I finished Persuasion and Sense and Sensibility, so I figured I might as well read the rest)

I need to make cookies for the poor soul who had to substitute teach my Primary class. Perhaps you thought I would just eat chocolate chips out of the bag? NOT that there's anything wrong with that...

10 new magazines to be perused....

Maybe watch the Netflix movie I've had for two weeks now

Sheesh. I'd better get started. Do any of you feel like you have to get all your chores done before you can craft or relax guilt-free? Or is that just me?....

And from the youngest member of the family:

Mess of the Day
by Luke

Luke sees us putting stuff in the garbage all day long

So he figures he should put stuff in there, too. I had just made him scrambled eggs and he grabbed the cooking spray (which is not empty, by the way) and put it in. He has also taken to depositing his brand-new toys in there, putting the mail key in the shredder basket, putting books in the laundry basket and placing toys and puzzle pieces in the compartment of his diaper pail where the stinky diapers go.

Remind me to sort through the trash cans on a tri-daily basis now.

8 comments:

The Mursets said...

You sound like ME from yesterday! You know I feel the same way about having to get all the work done before I get to play....

I hope you get all your projects done!

The Vakautakakala's said...

GEEZ...you are busy!! Just wait until you have 4 or 5 kids:) (i will tell you my little secret) when I have a really good book I want to read, which is pretty much everyday, i read a few chapters then clean the kitchen, read a few more chapters then vacuum the house and so on and so forth. That way I don't get too overwhelmed!!

Katie said...

I think every Mom can relate to this post! It is a great feeling but so exhausting to keep up with it "all".
Good luck with your projects!

Rachel said...

Whew! Way to go! I totally need to add "eat chocolate chips out of the bag" to my to do list for today. It would probably help me cope immensely ;)

Cali looks like a fun trip! (Okay, to me that sounds exhausting, but I'm sure it was a fun exhausting!)

things we love... said...

WOW........ First of all how fun.. CALI... I am so jealous.. we asked Lai if she wanted to go this year and she said she did not.. WEIRDO!!!Madi is absolutely gorgeous!!! Can I keep her.. PLEASE!!! Also... there is no way Luke is that big.. there is just no way!!!!! He is so stinkin cute!!!! One more thing.. send some cookies our way!!!

Summer Wilson said...

Ava likes to put stuff where it shouldn't be too. I frequently find unopened snacks in the garbage or tucked in another drawer.

Natalie said...

Hahahah! I love the pictures for everything! And I can't believe that's LUKE!!! He's huge! When did he get so big!?! Kate hasn't discovered she can throw things away yet...I'm so glad! It looks like your trip to California was awesome!

Kathryn M. said...

I'm sure we lost a remote control to the TV to the toddler trash can fascination and Noah threw out a house phone that somehow got into the car on a ride one day. Best advice, watch those electronics! They're pricy and a pain to replace