Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Deep breaths.......

10/5/10

I feel like I need to offer congratulations to anyone who made it all the way to the end of my last post. Or even halfway through. Haha. Sorry, guys.

If I can just make it through the next couple of days.....I will be sitting on a beach, having a Halloween-y time at Disneyland and hanging out with the fancy people in Palm Springs.

In other words, Mark's got a medical conference to go to! (For like, 5 hours, on one of the days...) This is one of the few perks of his job (and believe me--the perks are few and far between). They will reimburse gas, lodging and tuition for the continuing education courses their providers are required to take. So they basically encourage them to make a vacation out of it and take the family. (You find your own conference. But since we have to pay upfront and get paid back later, we couldn't afford to go to the ones in Hawaii or the Caribbean. But maybe in future years!)

We are excited but it feels a little strange to be going tomorrow. It's rainy and cold, in the middle of a school week, and I am not prepared in the LEAST. Not to mention Madelyn has had about 12 accidents (#1, #2 and wetting the bed) in as many days. I wish I were exaggerating. If anything could spoil the trip, it would be poopy panties in Disneyland. Am I right???? I am going to buy some Pull-Ups for the trip. She is not happy about it but no amount of pleading/scolding has made a difference. I'm going to talk to her teacher to see if she's having issues at school.

Anyway, changing the subject.....


Check out the puzzles we (meaning Mark) did during General Conference last weekend! They came together in the same box. I think Mark got them at Target. He wants to frame them and put them in his office. He is kind of peeved that Anakin is in the center of the bottom puzzle. He can't STAND him. I think only Jar-Jar Binks rates lower. So I asked him who his favorite was. It was more like a top 5: Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu, Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker. My favorites are Luke, Han Solo, Chewbacca and the young Obi-Wan Kenobi. Madelyn's favorite is R2-D2. I'm wagering a guess that Luke's favorite will be Luke. Or maybe Jabba the Hutt. Who knows. He could be one of those weird kids.

How about you? Are you fans of anyone in the new trilogy, or are you stuck in the 80's with me?

I gotta go start packing. See you when I get back.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Have a FUN time!!

The Mursets said...

I hope the weather is nice and that you have fun!

Maria Nielson said...

Eck, the only thing I like about the new Star Wars was the young Obi-Wan :) I'm all about the 80's, man! Yes, have fun!

Project Maniac said...

Nobody can beat Han Solo in my book, and of course Yoda.

The Vakautakakala's said...

make sure you pack warm clothes, Pila is living about 30 minutes from disneyland and he said it's cold. for him to be cold that means it's really cold for me. i'm not sure how it will be tomorrow or whenever you go, but hopefully it will get warmer!!

Kathryn M. said...

80's was the best by far! Have a great time at Disney

Carolina mama said...

Yoda I like.

things we love... said...

WOW so now we are all jealous that you are in sunny cali and it has not stopped raining for days here!!! Soak up some sun for us!!! I can not believe your little guy is 1!! Where did time go???