10/11/08
I have like, eight different places I need to go to today. I asked Mark if he'd watch Madelyn while I'm gone. So I shoved them out the door to go watch WALL-E at the dollar theater. 15 minutes later when I couldn't find my keys, I realized it's because they're in the diaper bag, which is at the theater across town with Mark! Fantastic! I normally don't put them in there, but last night we were at a fiesta and my pockets were already full. More about that later...
Anyways, so I've just spent the past two hours cleaning the house, and they're still not back yet. But I found out I've been tagged (again!), so now is a good a time as any to do it. Thanks, Melanie! I'm going to let whoever wants to do this be tagged, because I've been doing it pretty often.
6 Quirks
1. I have a very elaborate bedtime routine. It bugs Mark, but I can't rest unless I've done the whole wash, brush, get a drink, put lotion and chapstick on, go to the bathroom twice and kiss Madelyn twice thing. He is ready in three minutes and falls asleep that fast, too. Men!
2. I wear makeup every single day. Even if I'm not going anywhere.
3. I despise calling people on the phone! Especially if I don't know them, but even if I do, I don't like to do it.
4. Since I was a kid, I've loved to watch cooking shows on PBS on Saturdays. I still do. I also like to veg out and watch HSN and QVC, which also bugs Mark. He thinks it's the most boring thing ever. On the plus side, Madelyn also thinks it's so boring that sometimes I turn it on and she falls asleep watching it.
5. If someone is coming over, I have to clean the whole house. People think I always live in pristine conditions, but that is just because I want them to THINK that. You'll recall that I live with a small human cyclone, and the fact is that my house is messy most of the time.
6. I like to be prepared when we go anywhere, so I bring along everything we could possibly need (plus stuff that we won't), just in case. In fact, the fear of not being prepared is so great that when I have nightmares, they're always about either being at school and not having completed a major project or studied for a test, or being onstage and not knowing my dance, not having my costume, or not being warmed up.
So there you go. I am even more obsessive than you probably realized.
Well, Mark is back! Now I can finally go run my errands. Don't let me forget to buy milk.
4 comments:
You and Adam are alike. He takes FOREVER to get ready for bed. I know the faster I get there the sooner I get go to sleep. So I guess it is not just men.
You always make me laugh out loud. Beau was even laughing too. I also have to have my whole house clean when people are coming over and the bedtime routine, well, that's mine also!!!!!
I miss you and I hope all is going well.
Funny how us women are ;-) I'm with you on Q#'s 1, 2 and 6. I have to put makeup on everyday, i cannot go to bed without doing my bedtime ritual (and yes it drives john crazy!) and I have nightmares about going places unprepared too! I have these dreams where I have to perform and I don't have my costume and I don't remember the dance--it's terrible. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Oh and super cute hair cut!! and Where in Utah are you moving bakc to? near Sandy by chance?
Bob would love it if I got ready everyday. I am too tired and lazy to do it. Maybe someday I will grant him his wish. I have a silly bedtime ritual too. That is so funny
Post a Comment