Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Deluge

10-1-08

As promised, here's the first crop of pictures from my forays with my new digital camera. I was thinking that they wouldn't overwhelm as much if I put them in a collage format. So of course what's happened is that I've spent half the morning and afternoon, and now the night (with a pause to watch Iron Man. Now Madelyn says I'm Iron Man and not Wolverine. We watched X-Men last night and apparently she wasn't that impressed. But, ahem, I still like Wolverine better...) trying to find and install Picasa 3--not to be confused with Picasa Web Albums, which doesn't do collages (%#@!). So I had given up and tried to do them in Photoshop ($#%^&@#!), and that was even worse. You know, for all it's great features, it sure isn't user-friendly. I've been spoiled by iPhoto, which I wish I still had.

ANYWAYS....you know the drill. You go bumbling around trying to figure out new software and applications, and since I am decidedly right-brained and computers are not (at least not PC's), I spend an inordinate amount of time gritting my teeth and wanting to hurl the whole danged thing out the window.

OH! And then in the meantime, I was letting Madelyn paint to distract her for a while (since this should have only taken 10-15 minutes, right?..) and when I finally went to go check on her, she had covered herself head-to-toe in blackish paint sludge water. And the floor. And the chair cushions. And her diaper. And the wall. Luckily I'd had enough sense to take her clothes off before she started painting. Thank goodness for washable watercolors, is all I have to say. So here she is in all her glory:


Sigh. And now without further ado, the rest of the pictures from the week! Here's Madelyn dancing in the living room, having donned a tutu and squished her feet into her ballet slippers, which are too small. (She's not having anything to do with the new pair I got her. They aren't silver.)


Then she decided to go all-out and put on a dancing dress, tiara (she calls it her "crowned"), jewelry and again, the tiny slippers. I get a kick out of watching her twirl. She does a big wind-up with her arms and then lets loose. I'm going to have to teach her the proper technique one of these days.


We're just having beautiful weather, can you tell? I had Mark come out and pose with Madelyn and our pumpkins. She was tossing those small ones around like they were a bunch of softballs.


And last but not least, here's our little witch!

"I'm cute!"

I love this picture!! Look how big that hat is! Ha, ha!! She has been begging to go trick-or-treating every night for at least two weeks already. She has also been caught with a butter knife trying to carve the big pumpkin. She watches It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown year-round, so she knows all about Halloween. It has been hard for her to not get every costume that catches her eye (she really wants to be Bat Girl, too), because every day is a dress-up day if you're a 3 1/2-year-old little girl!

2 comments:

Rob N Amy said...

She looks so cute in her little dress up clothes.The Missouri interview went really well. We are interviewing at a.t. still university in Mesa, Az on friday. I wish we knew where we were going. I am sick of not knowing.

Handsome Rob said...

Might I recommend Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0. Typically can find for 60-80 bucks, contains majority of the same abilities of full scale photoshop, but provides a much more simplistic user friendly set up. Its even what Rashahn used to make the reunion scrapbooks :o)