I think we've just found their new spokesmodel.
No, Madelyn's still not using the potty. She just wanted to give her new Tinkerbell panties a try. We were kind of relieved when she stopped strutting around and agreed to put a Pull-Up on, because otherwise I'm sure I would have spent the afternoon shampooing the carpets and upholstery...
I know it's only been like, two days since I posted last. We haven't been doing anything particularly exciting (do we ever?), but this is like my journal, so deal.
Last night we all stayed up till 2am. Really. Even Madelyn. She was transfixed with a Dora the Explorer DVD we had rented for her from Redbox. (Confession: sometimes we park her in front of the TV so we can get stuff done. OK, we do it all the time. Otherwise we get interrupted every two seconds.) I was working on my ever-present pile of projects in my craft room. I honestly didn't know it was so late. yaaawwn~
Mark was up playing Final Fantasy XI, which for the uninitiated is a role-playing online game that is hugely popular and has overtaken the lives of many a young Yoder.
He has seriously been playing it all weekend. (Over 28 hours logged in thus far...) He stopped just long enough to go buy a new pair of shoes at a specialty store down the road. He's been standing so much in the operating room and needed more comfy shoes. As it tuns out, he wears a size 10, 2E width! (Wide feet run in his family.) He's rather pleased to finally have shoes that fit him properly. Cost a whopping $117, though. Of course, now we're always going to have to get him those "appropriate yet outlandishly costly" shoes unless it's flip-flops or something. Sheesh, Mark. You and your special needs.
Anyways, I got a haircut today. Here's the before and after. I noticed a hair salon by Target called Antonio's and decided to give it a try. I got the most FABULOUS guy and he spent over an hour on my hair. I think he was excited to have someone come in with long hair and get the go-ahead to do whatever he wanted with it. He looked me over and said, "I know what I'm going to do with you." So he razor cut it and I think he did a great job. Since I'm moving back to Utah in a couple months, I'm going to have to schedule my visits to Albuquerque with my haircut needs. I've never had someone work so hard to give me a perfect haircut. Victor, I'm coming back!!
So that's our weekend so far. Oh, I forgot to mention that it was my G-ma Murset's 91st birthday yesterday. If I live to be 91, I hope I've still got as much spunk as she does. I think Madelyn inherited a good deal of it from her:
9 comments:
I LOVE THE HAIRCUT!!! It looks so cute! Madelyn is quite the model... now if only she would start wearing panties for real...
Cute hair! It can be so hard to find a good stylist. Goodluck with the potty training.
You ALL have special needs.
Expensive shoes are worth it. As long as they are expensive because they are well-made. Expensive because they are trendy is a load of rubbish.
Mark, good to see the MacAlly iOptinet Mouse With Interchangeable Color Plates being put to good use. I'm glad you like it. I can't stand it.
I said this on Facebook about that photo of Madelyn: "Has her left arm been amputated?"
I love your haircut, too. And the missing arm photos.
Umm, the point is that she is doing some FIERCE modeling poses! C'mon, what other 3-year-old do you know does that?? We'll save the critiques for later. Like when she can actually take directives from anyone.
Madelyn is quite the poser! Your hair cut is so cute! Don't you just love it when you get the good ones... Looks like Victor got himself a loyal customer!
Oh, and I've been meaning to confess, that I was leaning toward team Edward, but I didn't want her to turn into a Vampire, so I guess I had mixed feelings.
I love redbox. I wonder what other things we could get for a dollar. A dollar just sounds so cheap and easy to rationalize. Your hair is so cute. I need to go see this Victor to get my hair cut. I want to cut my hair, I just don't know what to do with it. Madelyn looks like Miss America with that crown on. she's so cute.
Oh yeah. I got Madison "Elmo's Potty time" dvd and she loves it. She likes to use the potty and started to even go on her own. And everytime she goes she would say, "I peed in the potty just like elmo." I read somewhere that videos are a good way to get your child used to the potty.
Love the haircut! It makes me want to do something with mine...
Post a Comment