10-2-08
So tell me, do you think making homemade playdough is a brilliant idea when you're babysitting not only your child but two others--sisters aged 2 and 4?.. But what if they're going to be there for over 4 hours and you need to do something other than watch Alice in Wonderland for the 25th time? Then is it a good idea? Even if the (poorly written) recipe calls for "three to four pounds of flour"?
The answer is apparently yes! If you are one of the children, not the mother who has to do all the work and subsequent flour extraction from every crevice of the kitchen. If you are a child, you can have fun playing in a mountain of flour (oh, yeah-- and the dough) and then go ahead and climb on top of the table and wallow in it.
I have heard rumor of children who do not like getting dirty. My friend Summer claims that her two-year-old son Noah is like that, and didn't even want to touch the new fingerpaints he got for his birthday. Do you suppose I could arrange for that specific, non-dirty gene to be present in my next child? (Seeing that it is too late for Madelyn..) Is there government funding for such research? Who can I contact about this?

3 comments:
What A MESS!!! And to have to pick flour out of the grout on your table?!?! What a nightmare! I hope the other kids enjoyed it as much as Madelyn- you are a brave soul!
Lol, I guess I am one of those fairly lucky moms. Kelty says "eww dirty!" She does get messy, but usually on accident, while eating. Sometimes she will throw dirt or wood chips around and get a little dirty, and that is only if other kids were doing it first. You are more patient than I would be.
i will have to email you my playdough recipe. you make it on the stove. it is easy and makes great playdough.
Post a Comment