Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tagged Again!

Me and Nadia
10/22/08

I know you're all probably sick of hearing about me. Ha, ha! Too bad! My cousin Katie tagged me. Here goes:

8 TV shows I watch (when I do find the time to sit down)
1. Scrubs
2. Seinfeld
3. America's Next Top Model
4. Friends
5. The Simpson's
6. QVC & HSN (Home shopping networks. I never buy anything. I just tune in to people-watch and get jewelry ideas)
7. The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (I watched this a lot while Mark was in Silver City. It's stinking hilarious.)
8. Everything on PBS. We watch it constantly. I especially love the cooking shows and Nova Science Now

8 things that happened yesterday
1. Cleaned the house (sort of)
2. Made fresh guacamole
3. Had my friend Nadia and her two boys over all afternoon and we made 25 brown sugar and honey body polishes. If you're lucky, I'll be giving you one for Christmas. They're spa quality thanks to my excellent, vast (and not at all exaggerated) expertise.
4. Madelyn wore her witch costume for a good part of the day
5. Mark assisted in a surgery to reduce an 18-year-old kid's "man boobs" (not the technical term)
6. The pilot light in the hot water went out, discovered by Mark trying to take a shower. Bbbrrrrr!
7. Made an online order from Old Navy because Mark asked for long sleeve t-shirts to go under his scrubs. I'm always looking for an excuse to shop there, so it was awesome!! (You're supposed to sing the "awesome!!" part in your head.)
8. Madelyn fell asleep mid-bedtime snack with her face on the table in a puddle of noodle broth

8 things on my wish list
1. A new white bookshelf to go with...
2. A new bedroom set for Madelyn
3. A new armoire for our entertainment center
4. A house of my own
5. Mark to be DONE with school already
6. A real vacation
7. Madelyn to get potty trained
8. A baby

8 restaurants that I go to
1. Southwest Grill (burritos)
2. Pizza Hut (deep dish)
3. Golden Bowl Buffet (fried rice and egg drop soup)
4. Golden Corral (pot roast and rolls)
5. Olive Garden (capellini and fettuccine)
6. Taco Time (crispy burritos)
7. Pizza/Pasta Factory (bread sticks)
8. Pastry Pub (bagel sandwiches)

8 people I want to tag....Nichole, Kelly, Melanie (right back at ya~), Natalie, Liz, Nadia, Jen C. and Katie B. And now Kevin, because he needs to do a new post.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What is the technical term for Man Boobs then?

Tyler

The Yoder's Five said...

"Gynecomastia"

Liz said...

Melissa, I can get it for you when I find out what it is. Char moved to La Verkin last week. Yeah I know AGAIN.

Oh yeah, I am with you on the pastry pub! Yummm!!

Kevin M. said...

If I ever need a subject for a romantic- comedy- ER- surgery- action- drama- reality- neck festooning TV series, you'll be hearing from my people.

Oh. I second Olive Garden. Next time you go, ask for a Vanilla Italian Cream Soda. You won't regret it.

Carolina mama said...

Maria says they're called "moobs" (man boobs).

n & t said...

Fresh guacamole sounds good..... I've sent you a email with my address, and it will be from kosugekiyomi@gmail.com.

Natalie said...

aaaaah! I've been tagged! Ha ha ha. :P

The Vakautakakala's said...

I hear you on the "can't wait for school to get done comment!!" I was reading the post below and saw that you entered Madalyn in the GAP kids contest, good idea!! Free wardrobe!! What could be better? Anyways our address is 1008 Solomon Drive, Commerce TX 75428

Natalie said...

ha ha ha, you guys are cracking me up with your man boobs talk!

Katie said...

Thanks Melissa, that was SO fun :)

Jen said...

I love it when children fall asleep in their food. I wish I could do that sometimes. Thanks for the tag. I'll do it very soon!