Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sigh...

frosting face
10/9/08

How many different things do you suppose one three-year-old can make messes with in 48 hours? Let me see...

Milk (inside a plastic Halloween pumpkin no less, which was also filled with toys)
Bubble solution
Sidewalk chalk
Noodles
Frosting
Dry cereal
Popcorn
Jenga blocks
Leaky diapers (Two of them! Oh, the joys! If you go back another day, we can count the additional two times that she was wearing panties and wet all over my nightstand and kitchen floor..)
Tri-color Jell-O
Water (from the bath, which as you can see was quite necessary, playing with a tea set, sloshing around in the sink, and pouring from a cup to a bowl on the table)
Dandelion fluff (in the car)
Sprinkles
Discarded Oreo cookie (if you're wondering, baby wipes will get almost anything out of carpet...)
Three decks of playing cards
Cheeseburger (-- in her car seat-- took the whole thing apart and ate just the cheese)
Raspberries
Apple juice
Hard-boiled egg
Toys (thrown across the room in a tantrum)
Pillows
Kleenex (in tiny shreds, of course)
Pizza
Dress-up clothes and jewelry
Newly finished SCRAPBOOK PAGES and page protectors
Band-aid wrappers
Empty juice boxes
Clothes that had been soiled by most of the aforementioned things

You know...if I had a nickel for every time I had to clean up after this girl--forget it. Let's factor in inflation and pay me five bucks for each mess. I think I'll just add it up mentally and give myself the go-ahead to book a five-day vacation to Hawaii.

8 comments:

Marilee Belnap said...

I'm with you on the five day trip to Hawaii. Wait until you add another child to the mix!!! I keep wondering how you have time to do all the stuff you do. You are quite the woman. You go girl!
Marilee

Jen said...

Let's all go, and leave our husbands to take care of the children.

Kevin M. said...

Jen; I think the side effects of doing that would be longer lasting than you think.


Melissa: you need an awesome shop vac. Messes would be so much more fun and easy to clean up.

Liz said...

I think your next child has to be a sweet, content, angel, so you can have a bit of a break.

Book me for the 5 day trip to Hawaii too. I need a vacation too!

Amber Williams said...

Oh, your little girl makes me laugh! You can't leave her alone for one second, can you? By the way, your hair is darling!

Rob N Amy said...

The more I learn about madelyn, the more she scares me. She seems to be everywhere at the same time. Thanks for the tip about the baby wipes.

The Yoder's Five said...

Hmmm, maybe I should do more posts about what a sweet girl she is. Although when left to her own devices, she WILL dismantle the house.

n & t said...

She is so funny, but I guess to you it isn't too fun cleaning up so much messes.... I got a kick out of the cheeseburger mess. Why do kids tend to only like the cheese on things??? I had a few cousins that were that way too.

I can't remember if I ever told you, and if I hadn't I kept meaning to, but yeah I am dancing at westside, and I saw your mom there a month or so ago and chatted. But I didn't know they are going to be in the Nutcracker, that is great! I was debating if I wanted to try it out, but with my work schedule, I decided not to do it:(

But you definitely should come and take classes! That would be so fun, and Debora is actually a pretty good teacher, see actually teaches and give corrections. The only thing I wish different is the class length. They are only 90minutes, and it is just simply not long enough. When are you coming back to St. G?!