Saturday: Nathan's baptism, followed by my inaugural jam making session
Sunday: Annie's baby blessing, photo shoot at Kolob
Monday: house cleaning (don't worry, no post about that) and visiting the Yoders and Kevin and Lori in Hurricane.
On Labor Day, we stopped by Mark's parents because his sister Kathryn was visiting from North Carolina. We got to see the amazing handmade quilt Kathy (Mark's mom) made for Paul and Nikki (Mark's brother and his wife). She has made a king sized quilt for all 10 of her kids!!
Her hand stitching is just beautiful. Can you imagine the TIME that took?!?
The kids had fun with their cousin Cove (wearing the noob shirt I made him!)
Kathryn had just driven cross country to Provo to drop off her son Emil Michael at BYU. She left the car with him, took a shuttle down south, and then was going to the airport in Vegas the next day. I hope I don't have to drive my kids 2,000 miles to college. Hopefully they go to SUU so they will be more like two miles away.
Kathryn is a quilter and crafter, too and made these awesome handmade sock monkeys and dolls for all the nieces and nephews she'd be seeing. She also made some spice rubs for the guys and she even made me this Doctor Who keychain! Heeeyyyy!
Madelyn super loves her doll. She named her Coco.
(Coco, drinking cups of cocoa while pink snow is falling.)
Luke's sock monkey is so cute. He likes to make letters out of his long tail. (Took this pic the next morning.)
Chocolate ice cream before dinner? Of course!
Nikki, Madelyn and Kathryn
(kinda spooky how much Mark and Kathryn look alike)
Mark, Kathryn, Paul and Luke doing that weird penguin pose he's loves
I really wish we could see the NC family more often. They're just too far away!
Then we made our way over to Kevin and Lori's for dinner. They are house sitting for Lori's parents while they are living in Idaho. It's a big property to take care of.
Cute little Gary (6 months)
The girls made sure to wake him up...
Out to feed the family horses some carrots!
Jack (almost 2)
If you're wondering what Hurricane is like, this is a good example. My house growing up didn't have big fields, but a lot of areas are still like that.
Luke does this funny thing where he points to something sideways with his finger, while squinting at it with one eye. I guess he'd never seen a pomegranate bush before.
It was nice to spend so much time with family over the weekend, but on Tuesday I pretty much crashed from fatigue (and a cold Mark and the kids gave me, thanks). A little too much partying goin' on around here.
3 comments:
You're so quick on your blogging! I have blog envy! It was so nice to see your guys! I agree- we are too far away! Thanks for the jam too! I think you have a future in it :)
Looks like a great time with family. Love that quilt!
The quilt is amazing - I can't even imagine the kind of time it took to make! And the sock monkeys/dolls are super cute too. Crafty family!
Post a Comment