(And by the way, I haven't given this all out yet, so if you end up with some of it, act surprised.)
I like to color coordinate my gifts. The dress I got at Old Navy, and I made the card, diaper clutch and bracelets. This was for our friends Daniel and Megan's baby Maya, with a bracelet for her sister Addison thrown in.
Diaper clutches (Luke is actually using one for a change of clothes to keep in his preschool backpack. In fact, Madelyn has one in her backpack for the same thing, plus I have one in the car and my purse. One of these days I won't have to worry about the kids' potty accidents, right???)
Two ply cotton receiving blanket
Flannel receiving blankets
Two ply cotton receiving blanket
Flannel receiving blankets
Car seat canopy
"It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!"
Microplush is a huge pain to work with. It stretches and sheds everywhere. But it's oh so cozy!
This was for our friends Bethany and D'Var's son Bridger
This was for my friend Annie's daughter Abigail
I had a remnant of knit fabric that was a long skinny piece that I didn't know what to do with. I managed to squeeze a peasant blouse and a long baby dress for my nieces Emery and Nora out of it. The fabric is so soft and swishy and comfy. I sewed the pieces together (click here for the free pattern and tutorial for the peasant baby dress) with my serger and it was so quick and easy, especially since you can leave the hems raw without them fraying. But then when it came time to sew the casing for the neck hole elastic, I had to use my regular sewing machine, and even with my walking foot, it took 20 minutes to do each one and was a raging nightmare.
JUST ONCE I would like to sew something with knits that doesn't cause me to become homicidal. Just saying.
Then I made them little hair bows to match. The big one is sewn onto an alligator clip and the small one is sewn onto a tiny snap clip. You can buy plain ones at the craft store.
And lastly, here is the Doctor Who patch (which I got at the Midsummer Renaissance Faire) I sewed onto a blank tote bag.
You may not think that's very impressive, but I had to sew it three times because the first time I forgot I was sewing it onto a pocket and stitched through all the layers (making the pocket unusable), unpicked it, sewed it back on by hand and STILL MANAGED TO SEW THE POCKET SHUT, and then finally got it right the third time.
I also did a bunch of other mending and altering and ironing. Stuff that had been crowding the top of my washing machine for months. And it's finally gone!
It's gone! It's done!!!
(yes, I just likened that to Frodo finally destroying the Ring in Mt. Doom)
But now I'm working on some more jewelry, so, you know. Onwards and upwards and all that. I'll have some more stuff to show you in a couple of days.
1 comment:
These posts always leave me hungry for sewing time. Great work as always!
Post a Comment