I made these dresses for my niece Nora and gave them to Maria back in February when we had a surprise baby shower for her and our sister-in-law Lori. Aren't they adorable?!
Then I made this one, which I ended up giving to my friend Lauren for her new baby Charlotte.
Remember when I did a photo shoot of my friend's baby Grayson to model some of my baby blankets (that I'm going to start selling)? Well, the day before the shoot, it occurred to me that I didn't actually have any baby boy blankets on hand. So I hurried and made these.
This is the one he's wrapped up in for most of the pictures. I already gave this blanket away to my friend Chelsea, who is about to have baby #4 any day now.
*I need everyone I know to stop having so many babies, so that I can build up my inventory instead of constantly depleting it...
I also took some pics of Grayson and Luke on this blanket, with the orange side up. I love the combo of dark gray and orange. I need to make some more like this with other colors.
I love this fabric, too. I have six bins of cute fabric like this in my garage--which is why I am trying to turn them into blankets to sell. Ahem.
My nephew Cove turned one in April and I made this shirt for him. They sell onesies like this at Think Geek but I saved myself about $15 by buying a t-shirt at Walmart and stenciling it. Btw, "noob" means "newbie", which is someone who is new to video gaming and has no idea what they're doing. Mark and his brother Paul (Cove's dad) talk about nothing but video games every day, so this was perfect.
Madelyn drew this in Cove's birthday card--she does the best drawings! Love it!
And just recently, I made this dress and diaper clutch for my friend Valeriane and her baby Soleil.
And also this dress and coordinating skirt for my new grand-niece Star and her sister Briar.
These are theee cutest little peasant dresses. I saw the link to them on Pinterest, and got the free pattern and tutorial from here (size 0-3 months, but you can enlarge with a copy machine). They take only about 1/2 yard of fabric and are quick and easy to sew. My sister Maria even made her daughter Nora's blessing dress with the pattern.
So, that's what I've been up to...this past week I've made a lot of new jewelry, too. Never a moment's rest around here! I'll post pics soon.
4 comments:
Oh. My. Heavens. These are the most ADORABLE little dresses I have ever seen! Holy cow! I MUST have a girl now. ;)
I totally didn't realize you had made that shirt. I seriously thought you bought it. You are so amazing! Oh, and that picture Madelyn drew? Priceless. :)
You're amazing. You definitely should sell those dresses or write up a tutorial and become famous.
Thanks, Nikki! If you have a girl I'll totally make you a couple. :) But the lady who made the pattern/tutorial specifically said you couldn't use it to make and sell the dresses. :/
Well, if it's any help, we are sooo not having any more babies :)
So productive! It's all adorable. Made some iron on Dr. Who shirts for Noah this week. He watched the weeping angels episode and was totally smitten. Emil M. had heard about it even though he doesn't follow Dr. Who. He said that particular episode was a cult classic?!
Post a Comment