Friday, August 23, 2013

Mark's 35th birthday

I almost forgot to post about Mark's birthday! He turned 35. Lucky for him, he doesn't look a day over 28 (or younger).

 

We had really been celebrating all weekend, since Friday and Saturday were spent camping and fishing in Duck Creek. He got to buy new fishing poles and camping gear and cook over the fire and all that manly stuff. My sister Maria and I were laughing and how excited Mark and her husband Shay were about that. We joked that just the two of them should go on "mancations" together, and they both were like, "That sounds like a great idea! We should!"

I can just see them now, out in the wilderness having a great time while Maria and I go get pedicures, hahaha.

 
His actual birthday was on Sunday, and so we had to go to church and stuff. Mark helped Luke give the Article of Faith #9 in Primary, and for the first time, Luke actually spoke all the words into the microphone! I was so proud I almost teared up.

 
That night, I had a long RS presidency meeting, so he and the kids watched The Three Amigos ("Jefe....what is a plethora?") and we didn't get around to having birthday cake till after 9:00pm. I made this cheesecake (minus the raspberry mousse, we had cherry topping) and it was SO GOOD. In fact, I still have half of it in the fridge if anyone wants to come help eat it. :) Luke refused to eat any of it, but made us relight the candles for him at least 5 or 6 times. Might as well get our money's worth out of them, I guess.

Happy birthday Mark! We love you so much!!