The kids finally got their first back yard swim of the summer...
We had one last get-together with Mark's friend Chad and his family (they're moving on Friday to Ohio), and a bunch of friends. They have an amazing back yard and Madelyn got to play with Addison, Kate, Emmy and lots of other kids. She wants a big tree so badly.
I made four dozen homemade cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting that day, too. Two dozen of them were to bring to church for Father's Day. It was the second year in a row I had to bring some, so I will feel no qualms about letting someone else do it next year. They take ALL DAY to make. Even if you don't make the dough from scratch! The frozen bread dough had been thawing and raising for 6 hours and I had to leave in the middle of the party to go roll the dough out and do
the whole butter/brown sugar/cinnamon/toasted nuts/raisins thing, roll them up and cut them and leave them to raise again. Took forever! I took these pics at 11:30pm, and still had to individually wrap them. I've really got to talk our RS president into just doing cookies or candy bars next year...
My folks and Meg came up last night for dinner. We had a southern food feast! I made pulled pork BBQ sandwiches, red potato salad with dill, cornbread, rolls, corn and baked beans and peach cobbler from scratch.
*Burp*
Luke....
Mark is the best dad to our kids!
He sure loves them, and the feeling is mutual. They gave him a bag full of his favorite treats (teriyaki beef jerky, cookies, gum, stacked Lays, IBC cream soda, Reeses) and some manly stuff from Ace Hardware.
We ended the night by watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (we watch all the HP movies every summer, one every Sunday night) until 12:30am. Madelyn stayed awake during the whole movie! It's fun to see her get into something that we love. But boy are we tired today.
Hope you had a happy Father's Day, too!
2 comments:
Funny one of Emil's father day gifts was black cherry IBC. It's my favorite too. Try making floats with it! Yum!
Monica and the kids gave me IBC cream soda too!
Post a Comment