Friday, June 7, 2013

Orange Dreamsicle Fluff



I've got an old family recipe to share with you today. I'd never had it before till a couple of weeks ago, but it was so good I then made a double batch of it for the family lunch after Nora's blessing. Even if you're not a fan of orange flavored stuff--try this. It's tangy instead of being sickly sweet. It really does taste like orange dreamsicles.

My mother-in-law has this on file as "Orange Salad à la Skippy" (Skippy used to be married to Mark's brother Mike) but the instructions were really vague, so I've rewritten it.


Orange Dreamsicle Fluff
by Skippy Yoder

1 (3 oz.) box orange Jell-o, dry
1 (8 oz.) light Cool Whip, thawed
1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 (8 oz.) light sour cream
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained

 Mix together Jell-O powder, sour cream and pineapple. Stir until it turns orange, then fold in Cool Whip and oranges. Chill for about 3 hours. Serves 8.

No comments: