Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Airborne


This is the sort of thing my kids do all day. I can't really be bothered to come up with an alternate activity for them because I'm too busy doing important things like this:

 
 I bought this for Luke when he was two because, hello, what a freaking awesome puzzle. He wanted me to get it down for him today so that he could dump out all the pieces and make a mess in the kitchen (remember his day to day survival depends upon it), but I decided to put it together when he was doing his aerial stunts on the couch.

He was really excited when he saw it put together, and even more impressed that it glowed in the dark. "Look at the sword!!" It's a light saber, dude.

I asked him, "Who is that on the puzzle?" He said, "It's me!!"
YES.
He will grow up to be a Jedi just like we always intended him to be. We didn't name him Luke for nothing.

Anyhoo...

 Madelyn (just back from ballet--amblyopia in full swing) made up the couch jumping routine.

 She's good at teaching Luke how to do crazy stuff.

  First, you get up on the armrest and either do a disco dance or a rock and roll dance. OR you can say, "He's so cute!" and pretend faint. (I'm not sure where she got that....possibly an episode of Spongebob where Squidward becomes so handsome that people faint at the sight of him)

 Then you leap

 Or just faceplant. This can also be done backwards.

My couch is on the verge of caving in as it is--the epic belly flops can't be helping.

 Repeat as many times as humanly possible, or until you get a bloody nose and spray blood all over the couch and your mom makes you stop.

It helps if you also teach your little 3-year old friend how to do it when she comes over, so the fad catches on and spreads. You're welcome, fellow moms!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Ahhhhhh, kids!!! So funny!!!

The Mursets said...

Nathan loved those pics...he better not try them on our couch though! He is too tall and would probably knock his teeth out.

Amy said...

That looks like trouble! Glad they are having fun