Wednesday, May 16, 2012

(Hopefully) a short lived fetish

Someone just went through a box of 40 band aids!

Any time he'd get upset (not necessarily hurt--just upset), he'd pull up his pants leg or show me his finger and say "Ouchie! Sweebing!!!!" (bleeding) and want a band aid.

 
There's one on each index finger, one on his mouth (he put it there) and you can see where they've been on his knees. Sometimes he'd take them off immediately just to put different colored ones on.

  
 Normally he is a very stoic kid--a couple of months ago he literally sliced his finger open on a pair of my thread scissors he found and was bleeding everywhere. He didn't flinch. He didn't even make a peep! (Which is the exact opposite of what Madelyn would have done...) So I figured the band aid thing was just a phase and let him use a whole box from the dollar store. I'd find them all over the place. Stuck on the wall, on my bedspread, chewed up and spit out.....

I hope that post is feeling better now.

2 comments:

The Mursets said...

I am glad they were at least cheap bandaids! It was soooo cute when he said "bleeeeding", I just wanted to snuggle him!

Rachelle said...

Bandaids from the dollar store!!! I always cringe when I buy bandaids at the store because I think they are ridiculously overpriced. I haven't ever thought to get them at the dollar store!! I cringed when I read about Luke slicing open his finger. <>