Sunday, May 20, 2012

Meg shakes a leg

 Madelyn and I went to my sister Megan's dance recital last night. She is so fabulous and is way better at contemporary/jazz stuff than I ever was. I wasn't originally planning on taking pictures, but I had my pocket camera with me so I took these zoomed in from 14 rows back with no flash. Still managed to get a few decent ones!

"In the Parks of Paris"

 (She's the one in red.) "Pas de Quatre"

 "I Don't Dance--I Like That". My 6-year old nephew Nathan performed in the hip hop class--he has got some moves!! The lighting was all dark and red, which made it hard to get a clear shot.

 That's him on the left! Pow!!!

 "Everybody" The lighting was so low this was the only non-blurry pic I got.

 "Where Did Our Love Go?" This was my favorite dance/costume!

 Saucy!!

 And "Serendipitous", by the ProStreet Dance Company, which Meg's a part of even though you're supposed to be a senior or college age and she got in when she was 16. This girl's going to go far!

 This was not even counting all the little teeny boppers who performed. There were 44 dance numbers in all! Looonnnng night......

 My brother Tyler with his kids Nathan and Ava

 There's our star!

 Meg's friends who came to watch

 Meg and mom

 Madelyn was not a happy camper by this point. It was already past her bedtime....hahaha this picture cracks me up

 I looked hideous after having cleaned the house all day, but I wore my new TARDIS shirt just for Meg. She is a fellow Doctor Who geek and gave a very appropriate squeal of excitement and jealousy. Also, I need a haircut.

 Meg ended up on the front cover of the program, and the back!

 Sistas! Maria and I were sitting by each other and boo-hooing because we haven't danced in so long now that we're moms. I have serious issues watching other people dance when I'm not able to.

 My friend Angie (whom I grew up dancing with) made this cake commemorating 20 years of Westside Studio.

 Edible picture of Meg from a few years ago

 And, just thought I'd throw this in: the high school where this recital was held has the mascot of Thor. (Desert Hills Thunder.) I had never realized what this hammer really signified till now. Mark and I still need to see The Avengers. Any takers to babysit?????

 We didn't get home till almost 11:00 pm. Luke gave up on waiting for us.

Oh, and Madelyn wants to take dance lessons again now. 

I knew this was going to happen.

1 comment:

Maria Nielson said...

Not that I have a big forehead or anything.. I'm still boo-hooing over here, ha ha! We better bring tissues next year!