So I made sure to get myself some cute things. Such as:
I won this tote bag on eBay for $10. It came from an actual Angels and Airwaves concert. Squeee! I do love me a rock n' roll tote bag. (I haul around a Beatles one nearly every day.)
I love the Berry Kiss products from Victoria's Secret, but they discontinued that scent after only about six months! Luckily lots of people hoarded it to resell online, so I found the lotion on Amazon. It smells so divine.
A brand new Old Navy was just built in St. George. (!!♥!!) I hadn't been yet, so I talked Mark into watching the kids for me while I drove down to check it out. I told my shopping buddies Monica (there she is walking across the street in the pic) and Maria to meet me there, because hello. It's like Mecca and we needed to make a pilgrimage.
Holllllllllyyyy Moses that place is HUGE! The only other Old Navy that I've been to like it is in a fancy shopping center in Las Vegas. I hardly knew where to begin. It was pretty dang awesome. I think their official grand opening is this weekend, with a lot of fun things going on. I wish I could go! Here's some of the things I found there:
By the time March rolls around, I am so sick of wearing long sleeves and pants and jackets that anything bright or summery is a must have. Striped Sundress, Cross Yoke Dress, Control Max Halter Swimsuit and Striped Canvas Tote.
My friend Annie took me out for lunch at The Pizza Factory at Ancestor Square, also in St. George. It's such a pretty spot--Mark and I had our first date at The Pasta Factory there. We also checked out this cute little candy/ice cream shop called Springdale Candy Company (on the right). The small rock building in the center is the pioneer jail that's been there for I dunno, 150 years...most of the buildings on the square date from the 1860s.
My actual birthday was a lot more low-key...both the kids had come down with colds and Luke had thrashed around in our bed all the night before. So I got to wipe snotty noses, do laundry and clean the house for most of the day (and was tired and cranky...). Madelyn was so sweet and helped with the laundry and dishes!
Mark got me these awesome flowers--I love yellow this time of year. So springy!
For dinner, we tried out a newish Mexican restaurant here in Cedar called Mi Pueblo. It was really good and authentic. We felt like we were back in New Mexico.
I got the tacos al pastor, Mark got the chicken mole and Madelyn got cheese enchiladas. The beans and rice and chips and salsa were yummy. And the corn tortillas!!! THE CORN TORTILLAS! Sigh!...
(blurry pic by Madelyn) I also made a ginorm homemade cheesecake with raspberry mousse. I think I'll post the recipe again. It is super delish. I think I'm going to have to freeze half of it for later.
The kids wanted their turns blowing out the candles. I think Luke did it five times. It was actually his half birthday the day before! More on that in my next post.
A big thank you to everyone who sent me cards or birthday messages. It's great to have friends like you! :)


6 comments:
You can thank my sweet awesome new gaming mouse for this comment. I'm so excited to use it I'm just clicking on every link I see. You were lucky enough to be the first page I was able to use the scroll wheel. lol
I have birthday-shopped for myself all month, too.
Happy Birthday Lady! I have learned that if I don't make a big deal about my birthday, no one will! So I'm glad you celebrated it good! And BTW, I live 7 minutes from that new Old Navy and haven't been there yet, how lame am I???
Happy birthday!!! Gorgeous flowers, and why freeze the cheesecake when you can eat it for breakfast all week?
Happy birthday!!! Awesome finds at Old Navy! I am madly in love with your swimsuit.
Ahhh! I can't wait to go to the new Old Navy! Glad you had such a fun birthday :) We really should celebrate our birthdays this year like we talked about doing last year but never did. Maybe at Krave or the cupcake place next to it . . .
Post a Comment