Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spring tease

I'd say, judging by the snow that's still on the ground, that it's not really 115° degrees outside. I think my thermometer gets overly excited.

Look! I have daffodils sprouting in my front flower bed! Spring must be somewhere on the horizon...

But even though we hit nearly 70° F yesterday, the fact remains that we still have snow on the ground and will probably be getting some more tomorrow (ugh). Luke is taking full advantage while he can. Eating snow is his latest favorite pastime, and he goes out several times a day to retrieve more.

 Sometimes he brings in these giant clumps, which end up all over the floor, or the bed, or wherever he happens to be walking. I know it's not very sanitary, but he will not be stopped!! 

 I am ready for some warm weather and springiness though, and finally hauled out this stuff yesterday. When our Roberts Crafts store closed here in Cedar two years ago (and now all of the Roberts stores have closed! Sniff sniff RIP....they still sell online though.), I did what anyone would have done and bought as many things on steep clearance as I could. I have had these silk flowers and containers lying around since March 2010.

 So I beefed up this wreath a little (I made it for Maria's wedding in 2009)

Put some flowers in the entryway...

 Cut some for the windowsill...

And put these especially glorious orange ranunculus and poppies on my kitchen table.

14 more days until it's officially Spring!!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Ranunculus are one of my favorite flowers! And how did I not know that Robert's was closing!?! So sad!

The Mursets said...

I LOVE that last arrangement! (the orange one!!!!)

It was so hot here yesterday...but now it is snowing. I am ready to put the heavy coats away....Hurry up spring!

ps At least Luke is staying hydrated!haha

Katie said...

Beautiful flowers!