Thursday, January 19, 2012

Check it out, y'all

I keep forgetting to blog about this. Remember this fabulous shot I got of Bridge Mountain at Zion National Park Thanksgiving weekend last year?


I entered it into the Zion Canyon Amateur Photo Competition just for funsies. If you go to zionpark.com (Zion Canyon Visitor's Bureau) here, you can see it as part of the slideshow for their Fall 2011 series. I can keep entering a new picture every season, so I might do more if I get lucky with another great shot. :D

 Also....

Last spring, I was in the city library looking at the community bulletin board, and noticed a sign that said Cedar City's new Aquatic Center was in need of pictures of people doing local recreational activities. They already had a bunch of pictures up, mostly of kids doing sports, but they had a few more spaces to fill. So I emailed a couple pictures in I had of Madelyn, but never heard anything back so I assumed they didn't choose one of mine. 

Then in July, Madelyn was doing a three day "Pinkalicious Princess Camp" with her dance group at the aquatic center, and LO and BEHOLD:

There's one of my pictures!!!! I took it during Luke's 1st birthday party at West Canyon Park here in Cedar City. Madelyn and her cousin Nathan were walking up the little manmade stream that runs through the middle of the park.

Look how huge it is! Madelyn is so excited that a picture of her (even if it's from the back) is on display there. It's a little bit out of the way, but if you walk past the locker rooms and around the corner to the back entrance of the pool and workout balcony, you'll see it. Check it out if you happen to live close by! :)

6 comments:

Christine said...

That Zion photo is AMAZING!! And Madelyn's famous, how cool! We will be sure to make a pilgrimage to her picture next time we're there.

Unknown said...

Awesome photos and it is great that you're getting recognition for them!

Carolina mama said...

We've always known you were a great photographer. It's about time you get some recognition for it! That's exciting!

The Mursets said...

WooHoo! When you texted me about that pic over the summer I had No idea how huge it was! That is so awesome!

Heather Wells said...

sweet! Love the pictures!

Erin said...

D'oh! We always used to look at the pictures when we walked into the pool, and we always took the back way (because the boys wanted to use the family dressing rooms). Too bad I'll never see that giant picture in person!