About 12 years ago (ack, that makes me feel so old), I had to choose a big project to do for my Young Women in Excellence program. I decided to machine quilt a baby blanket, which was probably the most random thing in the world I could have done. I had fallen in love with some printed baby fabric and decided to draw a bigger version of each thing to quilt onto my blanket.
So, just copying what was on the print, I quilted a baby bottle, rattle, diaper pin, teddy bear, duck, booties, pacifier and the word "Baby". And some hearts.
She had some really crazy intricate swirly patterns going on. Plus, check out that binding! I am not worthy!!
I keep these two quilts in the bench in Luke's room, and one day I came in to find that the kids had gotten them out, so I took some pictures.
Ten years after I'd made it, I finally had a baby boy to go with the blanket (and then it was another two years before I remembered to take pictures of him with it).
Isn't he delicious??? He was 23 months at the time. ♥
Love this picture.
Remember when he had blue eyes as a baby? They turned hazel right before he turned one. Oh well.
See! (6 months old) That color just slays me. **sigh**
See! (6 months old) That color just slays me. **sigh**
Madelyn wants in!!
Luke used to do this thing where he'd walk up to you and pretend to put something in your hand. He used to do it to Madelyn all the time when she'd come home from school, and she'd say, "Mom! Mister is giving me nothing again!" I love it when kids do weird stuff.
I told her the pink quilt can be hers now. She loves it. Hearts are one of her favorite things.
Love my little sweethearts!
3 comments:
I love them, too.
That is some ambitious YWIE project! The kids look precious. . .
YOU.ARE.AWESOME. WOW!!!
Post a Comment