Today:
Sleep in (or at least try to)
Watch cartoons/play video games/fiddle with the blog
breakfast (blueberry waffles with syrup AND whipped cream for Madelyn)
dishes
I sweep and mop all the floors
Mark cleans the stove
Luke tries to eat another pair of Mark's ear buds
Mark paints shelves in the garage
Me: "You're not painting in THAT, are you?! Change into your old sweatshirt, for crying out loud!"
Mark starts to paint the walls in the garage when I decide I hate the color and need to mix something new
Wait, is the world coming to an end?? You'd think so, the way Madelyn reacts (for the second time) when I tell her she can't wear her (theoretical, because we haven't bought it yet) Mulan Halloween costume to gymnastics, because it goes clear to the floor and has huge sleeves and it would get ripped and she wouldn't be able to do the splits or climb the rope. So she has to wear her SuperGirl costume from last year. I predict that she will have at least three more meltdowns because of this.
Give the boys haircuts. One of these days, Luke's gonna lose an eye because he likes to thrash around so much when I've got the scissors by his head.
The boys shower off and I scrub the bathroom
The kids jump on the bed
I gather up the laundry--Madelyn was trying to leap over a mud puddle at school yesterday and slipped and fell in it instead. I had to go bring her a change of clothes.
Lunch: I give the kids rolled up slices of ham with some apple slices, Wheat Thins, string cheese and Nilla Wafers. Madelyn: "I don't like ham. I don't want it." Me: "Yes you do, try one bite." Madelyn (takes a bite) "Oh, yeah, I like ham. I forgot."
I upload pictures from one of my cameras, and there are eleven of them just like this, because Luke's been pressing the shutter button while the lens is still on .
Luke has his way with the toiletries in the linen closet. I suspect he's always wanted to do this.
Luke's afternoon nap
Mark's afternoon nap
The kids watch eight episodes of The Pink Panther and Pals
More laundry
More dishes
And now I get to go rearrange and organize this mess, which I've been needing to do for a while anyway.
But first we're going to bake cookies and finish watching another anthropological documentary, which we've been watching a lot of lately.
I love Saturdays!
3 comments:
You're a lot more productive on Saturday than I've been lately! I was glad to get 2 coffee cakes made and the dishes washed. But Saturdays really are the best!
WOW...you are busy! I don't know how you do it!
Perhaps I should mention that the waffles were frozen, and the cookie dough was already made? Does that help?
I do love productive days. They don't happen very often...
Post a Comment