As we started moving stuff, Mark wanted to put up some shelves, but first he wanted to paint. He'd brought home three cans of Oops paint from Home Depot, ($7 for a gallon) but all three were kind of questionable colors---what looked like a light green, baby blue, and dark green. Here's the first one he slapped on the wall that nearly caused me a heart attack:
We've already mixed our own paint for two other rooms in our house, so we decided to go for it for the garage. I think he used all three cans of Oops paint, plus the leftover Unreal Teal from the shed door, and some white mixed in. It was a little scary at first....
It was too dark at first, but eventually he came upon this lovely dark teal...
Then we hauled everything down from the attic.
I kept stopping to pull things out and reminisce, like this silk gingham dress Madelyn wore when she was 1 1/2
and Madelyn's satin shoes and preemie diapers. Awwwwwww.
Anyway, all that got hauled out to the storage unit, and finally we started to have some empty space in the garage.
Mark put up some high shelves, and then we bought four modular shelving units from Wal-mart (and some more bins....)
♥♥♥ Aahhhhh. ♥♥♥ There's still random piles of stuff to get dropped off at the D.I., and Mark's starting to build something, but what a difference from before!
Manly stuff...and the shelves by the door are mine to put bulky food storage and whatnot. So far it has 15 lbs. of Blow Pops for Halloween.
I've got an old dresser to go in that space, that will probably store fabric or something. I want to paint the dresser first, but I may have to do it myself because...
And Battlefield 3 comes out tomorrow.
............moment of silence............
It was nice having your time and attention for a while Mark! Hope you resurface soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment