I made it!
And the one Madelyn's wearing.
And this one for my niece Hattie...
And this one for my niece Ava...
...and this other one for Madelyn.
I basically made a giant pile of them, in the Sewing Blitz of Spring 2011, BIBTS (Before I Broke The Serger).
Two for Emery
Two for Hattie
Two for Ava
And three for Madelyn, because she had to put up with my sewing mess for a LONG time.
Then I made some fabric flower pins to go along, just in case they wanted to accessorize.
I used this Simplicity pattern, but you can literally make these out of pillowcases. You just cut across the top, cut a notch out for the arms, and fold and stitch a casing over for the ribbon to go through. Very easy! Although making nine of them at once is another matter....
But it was fun making something for my nieces, AND I cleared out some of my long dormant fabric stash. Now if the weather will just crack above 70°F, these girls can have some summer fun!
4 comments:
Ava still love the dresses "Uncle Mark" gave her. She was talking about them all day!
Those are SOOOO cute! I think I need to make some now...
What a nice aunt you are!! They are really cute.
So super cute!!! I've been SO out of the blogging world the past few weeks . . . sick kids = no time to blog or craft. But those are seriously adorable!
Post a Comment