And let me tell you--this is fabulous enchilada sauce. It comes in a huge can, so I froze what I didn't use for later. So, after tweaking a few things (adding more green chile, of course), the recipe became this:
Red sour cream enchiladas
by Melissa Yoder
1-2 cups chicken, fully cooked and shredded
1 dozen corn tortillas
1 4 oz. can diced green chile (fire roasted)
1 cup red enchilada sauce
1 to 1 1/2 cups sour cream (light is fine)
3-4 cups shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese
Combine shredded chicken, green chile, enchilada sauce and sour cream in bowl. Stir in a handful of shredded cheese. Cut tortillas into 2-inch strips. In a 13x9 baking dish, spoon a layer of sauce onto the bottom. Top with a row of tortilla strips, another layer of sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Repeat with more layers until the ingredients are used up--finishing with cheese on top. Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes.
You can alter the spiciness by choosing mild, medium or hot green chiles and enchilada sauces (I used mild for both). I ended up liking this even better than my resident red enchilada recipe I've been using for ages. Give it a try! Today is the perfect excuse for some Mexican food--I'm making this with my favorite Spanish rice and black beans. YUM! :)

1 comment:
Looks delish! We had your ribs for dinner and they were yummy too!
Post a Comment