Saturday, May 7, 2011

Simple skirt

I have about a million other things I need to be doing right now, but I wanted to start posting about the plethora of sewing projects that I've actually finished lately!


 This idea came from my favorite crafting blog Made. I just followed her tutorial for the Simple Skirt. I sewed the whole thing from start to finish last Sunday morning. It was so easy! (Dana, from Made, finished one in 12 minutes. But then again, she is a sewing goddess and also does not get interrupted every five seconds by a 19-month old.) I used to make similar skirts for myself but instead of elastic around the waistband, I did drawstrings. Not sure why I did that way--it's much more work.

 Madelyn told me she was doing Chinese fighting moves.

 I should probably make some matching bloomers for her....


I'm off to go melt my face off visit family in St. George--hope you all have a great weekend! :)

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

cute! happy mother's day!

Katie said...

Love the pattern. Debbie made some with my girls and they had so much fun making them with her :)

Natalie said...

Oooh, I just bought some fabric to make some of those for my girls! So cute!