Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Perhaps I spoke too soon

...about it finally being warm. No sooner had I typed that, then:

KA-POW! Cold rain and fog...

hail...

...and snow. (Mother Nature: "You fools!!" ~wicked cackle~)

Madelyn had left the Mother's Day card she left me outside, so it got soaked all night long. :(

Anyway, things feel like they're snowballing around here. Mark and I both got new callings within two weeks of each other--Mark is now the second counselor in Elder's Quorum, and I'm the new Relief Society secretary. Meaning that between us, we have approximately 1,000 meetings to go to. ALL THE TIME. And I haven't been released from being an Activity Days leader yet, so I'm still doing that every other week.

Madelyn is gearing up for her end of the year recital, meaning lots of extra rehearsals, I'm still up to my eyeballs in projects, and Luke has been a total mashishi.

Mess(es) of the Day
by Luke

Last Wednesday, he found Madelyn's melted mini Blizzard and decided to finish it off. And soak it into his clothes and the carpet. Five minutes before we needed to be somewhere.

Later that afternoon, we had just come home from ballet and errands and I was trying to write an email--he emptied the wipes container, chewed on two sets of earbuds, five pieces of gum, deleted the entire email I was almost finished writing, and when I lost it, he cried so hard he puked orange goo on my couch and new white rug.

Woops...

Madelyn almost never messes up her room, but for Luke it's a daily must!

When I'm trying to box up a jewelry order, he disassembles all the boxes and rips apart the fluffy padding. Grrrrr

This mess wasn't complete until he smeared the yogurt drink all over the dining room and slipped and fell on it a few times.

He's been hiding daddy's tools in with the recycling...Mark ended up buying a new tape measure before he found his old one in with the soda cans and glass bottles.

Then over the weekend, Luke's cold (which he's had since last Tuesday) settled into his chest and he started wheezing badly again. Mark started calling him "Mr. Wheezy" because he sounds like an old man with emphysema. Yesterday morning, I had to bring him into the clinic to get his blood and oxygen levels tested (he has bronchiolitis). Then I had to run some errands and pick up some oral steroids for him at the pharmacy.

...which he dumped all over the floor.

Mark talked to the pharmacist, re-ordered the meds, and they were really understanding and didn't make us pay for the second bottle. Thank goodness for nice people in the world!

Now Mark and I feel like we're getting sick, so we'll see how the rest of this week goes.

Well, I'm off to go paint the bathroom. I've had everything ready for weeks and I feel like I need to have a productive day for once! Wish me luck!!

(Cute pic from Mother's Day--just thought I'd throw that in there)
I really do love my kids! I promise!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hahaha, love the labels! :) I hope he gets better soon! That's no fun! It's cold here, too. :( I'm SOOO ready for summer!

Heather Wells said...

Oh, I love the picture of you with your kids. You are so pretty. :)