I can't believe I haven't told you about Luke's Spidey Sense. The kid has it honed down to where he can tell the exact moment that:
a. the fridge opens
b. the front door opens
c. the door to the garage opens
d. I try to go to the bathroom by myself
...and in all cases he will materialize out of thin air to try to sit inside the fridge, run out the front door, go mess around in the garage, and go barge in on me in the bathroom. He also has an uncanny ability to tell when I'm trying to go to bed. It happened last night--it has happened approximately 300 times since he was born.
It doesn't matter when I go to bed--it could be hours different night to night, but he will wake up either:
a. the moment I decide to get my pajamas on (ever try to get jammies on, wash your face, brush your teeth, use the bathroom, etc. while holding a baby? No, Mark will not do. Luke only wants mama.)
b. the moment my head hits the pillow
c. 30 minutes after my head hits the pillow and I'm finally falling asleep
Seriously. When he was a baby, it would happen every. single. night. Last night it happened because he was sick, but most of the time he just wants to snuggle.
Anyway, he also knows how to find mud. He's had ample opportunity this past week or two. A week ago, we'd had tons of rainfall and his empty sandbox had filled up. He wasted no time climbing in for a swim.
Madelyn tried to help by scooping water out, and Luke tried to help by scooping mud in.
He had a super time.
Yesterday, Madelyn and her bestie Aidan were running in the sprinklers.
Luke settled for a nice, murky puddle
Naturally, I'd just bathed him that morning....
Guess what this reminds me of
Madelyn, July 2009
Perhaps this couldn't have been avoided. It appears to be in his genes.
Poor Luke caught cold from yesterday's escapade, and spent all night fussing and tossing in turning in our bed. He's wheezing and coughing and throwing up and it's that same old nasty thing all over again! I guess we'll have to try not to let him get wet and cold for long periods of time. Who wants to break the news?....I have a feeling he's not going to listen to me anyway.
3 comments:
ha! That's so funny because Alyssa has the same 'spidey' sense too! I've never seen her two short little fat legs move so fast as when the fridge or the front door opens. John & I laugh about it all the time. We went to the splash pad today & guess where she wanted to play? in the mud of course. ;-) little minds think a like.
You are so funny. :)
Well at least he has superpowers, and also he is cute. I am an entire week behind reading blogs, apparently. Crazy!
Post a Comment