Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's finally warm!!! (-ish...at least in St. George)

Happy Mother's Day! We spent yesterday in St. George having a picnic with my family. The weather was actually really nice and only got hot after we'd been outside for a couple of hours. We celebrated Mother's Day and my sister Maria and my dad's birthdays. The kids discovered the "stream" that runs through the park, and spent the rest of the time getting good and wet. We forgot a swim diaper for Luke, so his regular diaper swelled up with about 5 lbs of water and hung down clear to his knees. Then when we took it off, he went streaking around in the nude until we could catch him. He had so much fun.
 


For Activity Days on Tuesday, I had helped the girls decorate some kitchen towels with ribbon for their Mother's Day gifts:
 
It was a cute and easy craft, so I made some more to give to my mom and sisters-in-law, with some coordinating dish rags. I think they are cheery!

This is the one Madelyn designed for me

  
I love this one--it looks Scandinavian to me


Mark wanted to get me some new pots and pans for Mother's Day:

They are not as heavy as my old ones, which I actually like because they're easier to handle and heat up faster. When I first put water on to boil in one of the saucepans, I was shocked that it only took half as long as my old pans. Nice!

Madelyn helped pick out this pretty planter of pansies for our front porch

And I found these at Target (I do love to buy myself presents). Total cost for both pairs? $6.99! Woo-hoo!!

So Happy Mother's Day to one and all. Order your families around and make them massage your feet and bring you chocolate bon-bons! You're allowed!

6 comments:

The Mursets said...

Thanks so much for the super cute towels and dresses, and everything else. We had so much fun yesterday...and I LOVED watching Luke waddle around in his ginormous diaper.

Liz said...

You are so crafty and considerate! Love the towels. Super cute flip flops! I think I must hit Target to look for cute shoes!

Rachelle said...

cute!!

Kathryn M. said...

SEW Cute! Happy Mother's Day!

Katie said...

Such a cute idea! Happy Mother's day!!

Amy Shupe said...

Those towels are so cute! What a great idea!