I LOVE:
Toe strap flip flops from Old Navy.
I can't live without these. I have them in zebra stripe, brown, gray and hot pink. They are the most comfortable "shoes" I own. You know how much your legs and back ache after a full day of standing around at Disneyland (or whatever)? Well, when we went there a couple years ago, I tried two different pairs of shoes and both days, I was hurting so bad from all the standing and walking. Last year, I wore my toe strap flip flops, and had zero discomfort for the entire day. They stay on your feet better than regular flip flops, don't rub between your toes, and don't even make that thwapping sound.
Get them here at Old Navy, on sale for $6! Comes in 9 colors!!! :D
Something else I'm loving from Old Navy and Target are boyfriend tees. Dana from Made even blogged about them the other day, so you know they must be fabulous.
![]() |
| Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Pocket Tee--$8.00 |
I love v-neck tees because they seem to elongate my short torso, but I was kind of over having to wear a tank top under ones that were cut too low. These are awesome because the cut is not too low (but not too high, I hate that too) so you don't need a tank--they're lightweight, soft and come in lots of different colors. So far, I have gray, aqua blue, red-orange, radioactive Mtn. Dew yellow and just ordered a purple one. If you're tired of tiny, tight t-shirts, you should give these a try!
I think I want a few more colors now....you know you if you find something you love, you need to just buy lots of them while you can.
I am a fan of all things Clinique. Love their blush, this lipstick in Black Violet (which I wore at my wedding), their eyeliner, their powder and their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (1,048 5-star reviews can't be wrong), all of which I wear every day. I like to time my purchases with their Clinique Bonus, in which you get a free goody bag of makeup samples with a $21.50 purchase. It's going on NOW online!!!
The last Bonus I got had this High Impact Mascara. WOW. It is out of this world! Goes on so smooth and is bold but not clumpy. It comes like this or with a curling formula and brush. All of their products are hypoallergenic and this washes off with soap and water. Retails at $14.50 at department stores like Dillards, or online.
If Clinique is out of your budget (which it is for me most of the time), my next favorite brand is Cover Girl for mascara. I have used their Professional line for years:
washable waterproof!
You can find these at most drug/grocery stores, Target or Walmart, for around $4-6. Great deal! Ironically, I just tried one of their fancy Lash Blast Length mascaras and was not impressed. These three are cheaper and have worked better, at least for me. Although I do love trying new things, so maybe I'll experiment with another Lash Blast formula.
Once again, I've had Suave come to my rescue with their Professionals line of shampoo:
I've been using the pH Balanced 2 in 1 version and it's awesome! I had bought some Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner and it just wasn't right for my hair--it made it too heavy and greasy feeling because of the "smoothing" formula. I also love that Suave products are less than $2.50.
I was so excited to find this a couple weeks ago:
It's Arm & Hammer laundry detergent (works in regular or h.e. washers) for sensitive skin....WITH a "skin friendly fresh scent"!!!!!! I've been having to use fragrance-free laundry stuff because of Luke's eczema, and it's really bugged me. A lot. I've missed having yummy smelling clean laundry. This smells fantastic and fresh--I would have picked it out anyway because of its smell. And it's so affordable--usually around $6.50, but I found it on sale today at Smith's for $3.99! I grabbed a couple of bottles....
So there's a few of my favorite things--I'll have at least one more post with favorite food products. Stay tuned! (And btw, these are not paid advertisements. Just wanted to share what I like.)








5 comments:
All such great things! I love Clinique, too. I never thought about ordering online...I'll have to check it out!
free shipping online with Clinique when you apply the coupon code "SKIN". :)
I may have to try that washable mascara. I have never found one I liked. Thanks!
I am so glad you found a yummy smelling sensitive laundry soap! That is awesome. I am needing to try a new mascara so thanks for the tips!
I always love reading favorite lists. Thanks for sharing!
I love those zebra striped sandals from old navy! I may have to get some! That is if we ever get summer up here! :) So bugged! I always appreciate your updates down in Southern UTah because it makes me feel like someone else can relate and give me sympathy because our weather up here sucks. a. lot. :)
Post a Comment