Saturday, December 11, 2010

Random

I opened Picasa and this picture popped up. Here's Madelyn at 2 1/2 after painting with watercolors.
12/11/10

It's been longer than my usual 2.3 days since posting. I've felt so blah! I haven't been sick really, just tired and overworked. Why is it that even though I've pared down on the craziness this year for the holidays, there always seems to be just one more event/performance/party?

Floating thoughts:

*Mark's on-call weeks stiiiinnnnk. He works long hours and I don't like having to get up and take Madelyn to school while he's rounding at the hospital. I prefer to stay in my jammies till 11:00am. There, I've said it.

*But at least it warmed up marginally during the week and so by the time Friday rolled around and it was 45ยบ outside for the school drop-off, not only was there no iced over car to chisel (and hence no careening around the streets not being able to see out of the frosted windows), it felt downright balmy!

*Madelyn had a dance performance in an assisted living center. It smelled funny. I hope I don't end up in that place.

*Friday night I ventured out to Walmart alone to shop, and by the time I got to the checkout line, this weird Asian guy was like, "WHOA, I thought I had a lot of stuff! How long is all that gonna last you, a day?!?" and the cashier (eying the gigantic pile she was going to have to ring up) was like, "Looks like you've been here a while...." What am I supposed to say to that? Thanks??

*I watched Daniel Deronda on Netflix the other day. I love Hugh Dancy and I love Romola Garai. Haughty and gorgeous and perfect for the part. And that Mr. Grandcourt dude is so creepy. It's a must see! (I think it's being removed from the watch instantly selections soon, though.) Great hair and costumes, too. And I didn't know that George Eliot (who wrote the novel) was just a pen name for Mary Anne Evans. Ooooooo....

*I also find myself watching more and more Spongebob these days.

*As soon as you get money in the bank, you have things happen in your life that take away that money. It's a rule of the universe. Like:

*Mark's car battery apparently died last night. Then it turned out to be just a corroded connector thingie. I like those $15 fixes. But then the kids and I had to miss going to a free movie this morning (for hospital employees) because Mark had to drive my car to work. I wanted to see Tangled in 3D with free snack trays! It was showing at 9:00 am, though....yikes.

*My cell phone gasped its last today. Luke caused all the buttons to be on perma-freeze and then Mark (who had managed to revive the dang thing a few times before) accidentally fried the screen. So I got a new phone. We have one month left on our AT&T contract, but they wouldn't let us out without paying a huge fee (even after Mark argued with them), so I just opened a new account with Verizon. We were planning on switching anyway because we hate AT&T's stinking guts and their coverage in Cedar City is abysmal. Mark's jumping ship as soon as he can, too. We'll have two honking cell phone bills next month. Ah! The wonders of technology!

*I need a new windshield in order to pass state inspection, but do you think I can get away with waiting until January? I'd rather not have a windshield be my Christmas present. I have Martha Stewart melamine mixing bowl needs.

*I think my life (at least my sleeping life, with no kids in my bed at 2:00 am) will get back to normal once Luke decides to end this teething spree that he's on. He's just sprouted four new teeth, two molars, and is working on another couple right now. That's eight teeth at once, folks. We go through children's Advil like it's spring water. I'm thinking of buying stock.

*Madelyn is about to lose another tooth in front and has just gotten a 6 year molar, too. Can we cut it out with the teeth for a while?!? Oh, and I'll pay you extra if you'll yank her loose one. It's giving me the heebs.

*I love looking at home decorating/crafty blogs, but at the same time I get annoyed at their perfect color schemes, furniture, handmade gifts and goodies and clean houses, and the fact that they have so many projects to post about said things every freaking day. Am I the only one here who feels this way?

*Oh yeah, and cell phone SIM cards are a big joke. I've lost all my contacts, so I might be emailing you to get all your phone #s again.

*Amazon.com and their free super saver shipping is awesome.

*And so is my ability to clean poop out of clothes. It's been a handy skill to have this week. Remember my "tired and overworked" statement?

*Beef hot dogs are way better than the non-beef hot dogs. I don't know if I can ever go back. Pass the mustard, please.....


Well, I've emptied my brain. There's nothing but tumbleweeds blowin' around in there now. Good night and I hope you're having a good weekend!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Amazon prime membership, added to 30% off when you subscribe and save AND another 20% off when you enter the promo code in your parenting/or parents magazine = REALLY CHEAP huggies or pampers diapers. I got my thrill of the week buying diaper... Sad huh?

Rachelle said...

You say, "I'm doing my part to boost this crappy economy. How are you helping???"

Jen said...

I love Daniel Deronda, too. George Eliot is one of my favorites. Middlemarch, mmmm.

The Vakautakakala's said...

I love posting about random thoughts that have been circling my brain for a few days!! And the weird thing is, I really like hearing others random thoughts too!!