Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lovely!

12/2/10


I don't know if Luke will be able to top this one. I kind of hope not. How's this for

Mess of the Day
by Luke



+


=

So I was enjoying  a leisurely morning with Mark and Luke (it's Mark's day off). We had all just bathed and gotten dressed and I was trying to decide what color of nail polish my toes were in the mood for.  I was sitting on the bed pondering between Brick Wall, Sugar Sugar, Quartz of Course or Dutch Tulips. Grabby Luke wanted to hold a couple of bottles so I let him, because I (stupidly) thought that he couldn't get them open.

What I didn't figure is that he would whack them against the tile in the bathroom....all the sudden I looked over and saw that he had broken the handle off the OPI Dutch Tulips bottle (which was NEW and of course my FAVORITE color and also the MOST expensive). He had polish all over him so I hurried him over to the sink while Mark grabbed the bottle, which had ended up under the playpen. As he picked it up, most of the polish dumped out onto the carpet. My attempts at scrubbing it out just made it smear more. Lovely!!!!

Now, I have been known to overreact a time or two, but to be perfectly honest, I wasn't very upset about this at all (aside from Luke ruining his clothes). Why? Because, as you may recall me saying, I hate my carpet's stinking guts. And where the polish spilled just happens to be in the exact spot where the dog stench was worst in the whole house, and the exact spot that the Stanley Steemer people so helpfully told me would never come clean anyway.

Of course, I have no idea how long it will be before we can get new carpet. Months, probably. So in the meantime I'll just try to air out the fumes and keep my children the heck away from the rest of my nail polish. I went with Quartz of Course for my toes, in the end. No sense in being un-pedicured just because my son decided to paint the bedroom floor with my first choice.

5 comments:

The Vakautakakala's said...

Way to see the silver lining in the whole situation!!

The Mursets said...

As soon as I saw it on the carpet, I said "Yay!" for you- now you will HAVE to get new carpet... but seriously that STINKS!

Rachelle said...

Okay, that's so much worse than I pictured after reading FB. That definitely takes the cake!

Natalie said...

Oh no!!! That's horrible! I hope you can get new carpet sooner rather than later! Such a pretty color of nail polish, though...

Ty * April said...

melissa,
My children did this at my house. . . on new carpet. I decided that since I could either have a bleach spot or nail polish I decided to try nail polish remover. What was it going to hurt? I dumped it on the nail polish and scrubbed. Dumped some more. and it eventually came out.