I had just told her a knock-knock joke when this picture was taken
12/22/10Madelyn's birthday was yesterday, and if I hadn't been up to my elbows in sugar cookie mess, soggy birthday cake and a hundred other things, I would have already posted this.
Some things I love about you:
*You are always excited about stuff, happy to see people, and are super outgoing.
* Strawberry/chocolate milk, juice and hot cocoa: Heaven knows how you've gotten so big because that's half your diet. You drink hot cocoa in the middle of the summer during the day.
| You also have a thing for sprinkles... |
* You are a GREAT reader, have an excellent memory and can read your sight words homework even when they're upside-down.
| You're also a great writer |
* You have an infectious laugh and are so silly. All I have to do to make you laugh is to tell you a knock-knock joke about fruit and pants, and you crack up every time.
* You have recently started drawing and coloring a lot, and you love pink, red, purple, hearts and rainbows
* You still love zombies because of your dad.
* You're always looking out for your brother and are usually very patient with him.
| Star of the Day in your kindergarten class |
* You know your way around Netflix: Watch Instantly on the computer and the XBox and go through phases of wanting to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender (Nickelodeon series), Shaun the Sheep, The Super Mario Bros show, Dirty Jobs, Spongebob Squarepants and Veggie Tales. You also love all the shows on PBS Kids and nature documentaries.
*You love Hello Kitty, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Barbies and the Disney Princesses. You still dress up in your princess outfits all the time.
*You love marshmallows, Chinese food, "spaghetti with shrimps", toaster strudel, grapes, string cheese, Yogos Bits, gummy worms, popcorn, ham and fried chicken.
*You went through a phase of flushing the toilet with your elbows so that you could be plugging your ears at the same time.
*You say, "Actually....." a lot and "Besept" (except) and "I sawl it" (I saw it), "I meed someping" (I need something), pronounce music and noodles "yoosic" and "yoodles" and add "-ded" to everything to make it past tense and I think it's cute. You also have been trying your hand at beatboxing.
*You don't like going to bed, having to get out of the bath or pool, being told "no", getting poked at the doctor's office, and when we threaten to yank out your loose teeth because you prefer to leave them hanging for weeks. And you love to dawdle, which drives me crazy. You are a pro at that because you've had so much practice.
You are such a sweet, loving sassy girl and I LOVE YOU so much! Happy birthday!!!!!!!!


4 comments:
I love that girl! Happy Birthday Madelyn!
I love all of those things about Madelyn, too. She is a wonderful, delightful JOY!
Hahah! She's so cute! I love reading all these things about her. It's been fun getting to watch her grow...even though it's only been through your blog and a few family reunions. It sounds like she and Whitney have a lot in common, it's too bad we don't live closer!
Happy belated birthday Madelyn! Sorry we're the worst cousins ever - we're just down the street and we didn't come say hi. We love you!
Post a Comment