Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas checklist

12/29/10  *I'm having formatting issues, so sorry for the variations in font size, etc.

Just making sure we did Christmas thoroughly enough this year. What with the frantic rushing around, no sleep, marathon baking sessions and partying, I wasn't sure I covered it all.

Getting ready:

Hanging lights, decorating, sledding (Madelyn), snowboarding (Mark)--check!

Performing four times in a month--check!
Meeting Santa--check!
Going to see my parents and sister in The Nutcracker Ballet--check!
Madelyn's 6th birthday--check!
Two long, messy and involved achievement days activities making ornaments and sugar cookies--check!

 175 chocolate drizzled nut and toffee caramels (recipe coming soon), 28 caramel apples, peppermint bark and aforementioned sugar cookies, and an hour and a half delivering it all to neighbors--check!

Christmas Eve:

Side view mirror knocked off while parked at Walmart--check!

Stockings hung, milk and cookies left for Santa--check!

Christmas morning:

Santa came!!!

The good

The weird 

The kitschy


The miracle of Blu-ray


House destroyed--check!


Improper use of toys--check!

Anniversary dinner (with the kids....)--check!

 
Result of overstuffing with homestyle fries at Chili's

Not to mention:

*Number of teeth lost: one (Madelyn)
*Number of teeth grown: four in the process (Luke) (ouch)
*Number of family members landing in the hospital on Christmas Eve: two (Mark's aunt Doris, who lives with his parents and is now in SLC for surgery and my brother-in-law Shay's father, who went to the ER with chest pains)
*Number if movies watched back to back the day after Christmas: three (Beauty and the Beast, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Inception)
*Bouts of stomach virus: three, possibly four or five (Madelyn twice, Mark once, Luke and I...maybe)
*Number of days I've not left the house since Christmas ended: four
*Pots of posole: one
*Loads of laundry I have to put away tonight: seven
*Number of said laundry loads caused by poop and/or chocolate: three
*New country albums I just got: two (Keith Urban and Taylor Swift)
*Number of packages of Christmas gifts I failed to get mailed: three
*Number of times Luke unplugged the computer while writing this: one (grrr!)
*Number of days since I've opened any mail: twelve
*Number of thank-you notes I need to write and send out: fourteen

And forgive me for lumping these all together--I'm behind on

Mess(es) of the Day
by Luke
I think he rather enjoyed the chaos of the holidays.


Oops


Having his way an aluminum roasting pan


 ...and the dishwasher

...and the kitchen towels
...and the Orange Sticks
I just got overwhelmed reading my own post. Thank heaven there's 361 days till next Christmas!

5 comments:

The Mursets said...

Hehe! You didn't tell me Madelyn got a bike! How fun for her! Looks like a funnnnn time!

Anonymous said...

Love those button snowflakes, what a cute idea!

Michelle said...

Cute post! Aren't you glad December is over and things can settle down for a minute? I sure am!

Liz said...

...makes me tired just reading it. I think you need a nap :)

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, those ornaments are ADORABLE!!! I can't wait for the recipe, either! And MMMMM, Orange Sticks! Those are my FAVORITE!!! The raspberry ones are pretty dang good, too!