About a month ago, Mark and I were saying to each other that we'd probably never be able to buy ourselves a set of china or crystal to go with the sterling silver flatware my G-ma Murset got for me. We weren't sure we were fancy enough people, anyway.
Cue Mark's Aunt Doris, who recently moved in with Mark's parents from Illinois:
Anyway, she had this giant set of Noritake china and crystal that she bought in Pennsylvania over 60 years ago and had been trying to give it away for some time. She was widowed at a young age, never had children, and none of her siblings or Mark's family wanted it.
Me: "I'LL TAKE IT!!"
I had no idea it would be so pretty! Mark really likes it too, even though it's very girly looking.





Mostly we're just blown away that we were given such a generous gift.
This china tea set was also with it (it has seven cups). We probably won't use it, so if any of you are interested, we're looking for a home for it.
Me: "I'LL TAKE IT!!"
Then Mark's sister Sumi (these Yoders are sure being nice lately) sent a couple of Chinese made outfits for Madelyn:

She loves them! She asked if we could stop by the airport "...on Tuesday, so we can fly to China." I wish.

I found this one on Spiegel via amazon.com. I decided to get it even though it was a size too small because the cut was awesome and red orange is my third favorite color. Then I got it home:
Umm...isn't that a tad more ORANGE than it was pictured????! Like, bright tangerine, traffic cone orange??? Sigh.
Then I decided to give myself a present and get a new swimsuit. Haha.

I found this one on Spiegel via amazon.com. I decided to get it even though it was a size too small because the cut was awesome and red orange is my third favorite color. Then I got it home:
It looks fabulous when it's on, aside from the fact that I can't breathe and that I radiate like a jack-o-lantern on Halloween. I was trying to decide whether to keep it all day when I went to Smith's, desperate for some solitude and cheese bagels. I saw this:
and figured that if orange was good enough for Mariska Hargitay, it's probably good enough for me. And breathing's not all that important when you're trying to look good in a swimsuit, anyway.
and figured that if orange was good enough for Mariska Hargitay, it's probably good enough for me. And breathing's not all that important when you're trying to look good in a swimsuit, anyway.
7 comments:
fun!!! i love the tea set! i said that before i saw you were giving it away. but don't worry, if someone else close by likes it, give it to them. but if you still have it the next time i come and see you, i may take it off your hands. i love the shape of the creamer and the teacups...they're cute. (of course i'm saying this, and if jeremy saw it he'd say, "what do we need more stuff for???" =)
Oh, you make me laugh! The suit is cute~ even if the coloring was wrong!
LOVE the china! Congrats. That is so awesome!
What do you have to worry about in a swimsuit? Remember, you were blessed with fantastic 'skinny' genes.
Ohmygoodness that stem ware is GORGEOUS!!! Yay for family generosity! And I think the orange would look really pretty with your coloring - dark hair, peaches and cream skin . . . so, next will be a pic of you IN the suit, right?!?!
the china truely is GREAT!!
The creamer is good for a gravy dish. FYI replacements.com might come in handy if any of your new china breaks. It's expensive, extreamly expensive, but probably the only place to buy them.
PS: I LOVE orange, LOVE it LOVE it!
Post a Comment