Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Looky, Looky

8/3/10

Madelyn lost her first tooth!

"Let's call daddy!"
(My kids and their disregard for wearing pants...don't know where they got that from...)

This is exciting for a number of reasons. She has two permanent teeth that have already come up behind her baby ones, and the dentist was going to have to pull them on Monday if they hadn't come out on their own. (The second one is pretty loose, too. It hurried up once it got wind that I'd made an appointment.) So we've avoided a trip to the dentist, Madelyn's so excited she's been going door to door around the neighborhood to show her friends, and, as I was washing dishes when it fell out, I didn't have to have any involvement in the gore-tastic event. (I'm a little squeamish, okay??) One down, nineteen to go...

Do a little jig!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Did the tooth fairy remember to come? She often forgets at our house!

The Mursets said...

Yay! I am SOO glad you didn't have to pull it out...I was getting grossed out too when you told me it was wiggly enough to lay flat when pushed down.