Sunday, August 15, 2010

Is this a woman thing in general, or is it just ME??


8-15-10

Me, getting ready for bed:

Change, feed, rock the baby
Pick up Madelyn off the couch, who is already asleep, and take her potty, brush her teeth, get her jammies on, tuck her in, say prayers
Wash dishes (domestic goddesses never leave them in the sink)
Decide to leave dishes in the sink
Write e-mail, surf internet
Pick up toys
Sweep floor (Luke likes to leave little snacks for the ants)
Fold laundry
Prepare Primary lesson/take garbage to curb
Watch TV or read magazine on the couch
Eat bedtime snack
Take a shower
Put on lotion
Get jammies on
Lengthy and elaborate skin care routine
Brush teeth
Potty break
Touch up pedicure
Put away laundry
Blog


(At this point, Mark, who has been playing computer games with his headphones on this whole time, gets up and eats some cookies and milk)

Baby wakes up
Change, feed and rock baby again

Mark gets changed into jammies, brushes teeth and is in bed, asleep, in 3.4 minutes

Potty break
Check to see if the doors are locked
Change thermostat
Kiss the kids goodnight
Drink of water
Another potty break (I can't sleep with even a single microliter in my bladder, okay??)
Lotion hands
Stare at clothes in the closet deciding on tomorrow's outfit
Drink of water
Prayers
Crawl into bed
Baby wakes up............

5 comments:

The Vakautakakala's said...

you are good!! if it was me i would skip ALL of that, (ok, really most of that) and go to bed!!

Jen said...

Hahaha. I'm sorry, and no, you're not alone. :P

The Yoder's Five said...

I think I've decided that it takes me a long time to wind down at night. And since I get nothing done during the day (kids...grrr...)I try to squeeze in a lot after they're in bed.

I don't actually do ALL that stuff every night. But most of it I do.

Jessica said...

Sooo funny, and definitely not just you. Although half the time I skip the washing my face, and just brush my teeth. Other than that, looks the same.

Michelle said...

No it's not just you! Men can just go to sleep without a care in the world, while women have to pick up the house, check on kids, wash our faces, make sure kitchen is clean, blog, etc, etc! It gets tiring sometimes . . . :)