Monday, August 23, 2010

Cutest craft EVER



8/23/10

Last week while perusing One Pretty Thing, I spotted these flower fairies on Tuffet and knew right away that I had to make some. I already had everything but the embroidery floss and the wood beads, which I got at Michael's. (Turns out the ones on the tutorial have a hole that goes through the entire bead, and mine don't. I just glued the hair on top instead of threading it through.) These were quick, easy, fun and the possibilities are endless!

Click HERE for tutorial.

I experimented with different wing shapes

I used a ultra fine point Sharpie for the faces and let's just say they are harder than they look to draw. Next time I'm going to use pencil and then a Sharpie. The poor light pink fairy had to had her hair removed and face drawn three times. Perhaps the face should be drawn before the doll is assembled (making sure the ink is dry--some wood beads have a shiny coating that makes it smear) to avoid having a fairy with an ugly face.

Madelyn ♥♥ loves♥♥ hers and as soon as I get more supplies, we're going to have a whole flock of fairies!

6 comments:

Bell Family Blog said...

Oh my gosh those are so cute!! My girls would love those, how fun!

Jen said...

So adorable! Great job.

Rachelle said...

SO cute! What a good mom you are!

Project Maniac said...

That is really cute. I'll have to store that in my mind for fun craft activities in the future.

Carolina mama said...

Extremely cute!

The Yoder Family said...

You think my boys would like those? Funny ha ha! So cute.