Wednesday, August 25, 2010

11 months!

8/25/10

Luke turned 11 months old today! I can't believe it. Time has gone by so quickly because this little guy keeps things hoppin' over here.

Weight: 20 lbs. 5 oz. (25th percentile)
Length: 29 inches

New skills: walking along furniture, standing on own for a few seconds, pointing with his index finger, opening cupboards and emptying them, turning off the computer, shrieking and squalling extra loud when upset, poking his finger into your eyes and mouth (turns out that's an excellent way to spread germs from person to person...remember the stomach flu he helped us get?...)

Favorites: Goldfish crackers, string cheese, juice, Crispix, yogurt drinks, macaroni & cheese, graham crackers, Kleenex (yum!) and paper

Luke is quite the busybody still. We are finally having to break down and get cupboard latches because every time I turn around he is getting into something.

He scurries over every time you open the dishwasher...

...or the fridge

...or the dryer

(dryer lint chin)

He can't resist a bath...

Mmmmm. Palmolive!

Don't even get me started about what he does to the laundry...

...or a new container of wipes

...or cardboard

...or my phone

His new motto in life is that whatever is full must be EMPTIED, as soon as possible.

So I've pretty much given up on keeping a clean house. It's OK--as my friend Michelle put it, "My house isn't messy, it's custom designed by a baby and a 5-year old."

He's so much fun, though

Whoa there, Shay...

He has a doting big sister (sometimes a little too doting, haha)

He pushes chairs and stools all over the kitchen and dining room

And Madelyn said I needed to take a picture of her and put it on the blog, so here you go. Jammie top, undies, tights and ballet slippers. Love it.

Now it's back to being a mom....two screaming kids....it's reached about 200 decibels.....gotta go...

9 comments:

The Vakautakakala's said...

this is hillarious!!! he sure is a busy body!!

The Mursets said...

Fun!

At least he wants to help, right?

Nadia and Jeremy said...

ha ha ha ha...oh, i love the pic with the laundry all over the kitchen...like he dragged it and dumped it on the way. so cute. i totally remember that age and beckham and ravi doing the exact same thing. in fact, one year, i gave beckham a box of kleenex for christmas and let him go at it.

Michelle said...

I hear you on the tissues (this also includes toilet paper), dryer, dishwasher, anything full, and laundry . . . so destructive but SO CUTE! He looks so cute and innocent, but we know better :)

The Yoder's Five said...

I'll admit to being highly amused watching him fling clothes out of the laundry basket, which probably isn't helping.

Unless I've already folded them. Then it's not so cute.

Katie said...

I can't believe he is almost one! Mason used to pull all the wipes out too. Silly boys!

Rachel said...

hahahaha . . . Oh, I so can empathize! Those pictures are awesome, though . . . you're going to love looking back at those (but I have to say, I know it stinks to clean all those messes up every day for now!). Can't believe he's 11 months already!

the heiner family said...

How cute!...well until he does it to my house:) But really, Ava never outgrew that age. It is a good thing she is so cute or I'd kill her:)

Carolina mama said...

I love them whirlwind Yoder kiddos.